User Avatar Image

TTG Secret Santa 1.5: This Time, It's Summer!

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 498 users

I promised last time to do this when the next sale occurred, and now it has, so fun fun fun! It was a tremendous success, everyone got games that were fun and (I'm sure) were fun for all.

Rules
If you don't know what Secret Santa is, it is a common holiday event between larger groups of people. Basically, a bunch of people sign up, and are assigned a random other person who also has signed up, and everyone buys eachother something without knowing who their gift will come from!

Rules Specific to This Secret Santa
Applicants must gift items using Steam.
Items should not be worth less then $3, or rougly £2.
Items purchased should not exceed $30, or £18, roughly, so we don't have anyone buying anyone else iPods and other people buying Laptop Covers.
You must send your gift by July 10th, 2011.

Registration
To register, please reply below saying you're in and send me a PM with the email address your Steam account is linked to, so your Santa can gift it to you. If you have titles in particular you would like, feel free to send a link to your wishlist. Registration does not close until July 5th, but once a sizable amount of people have joined I will start pairing people up.

Other Information
If you have any questions, please, contact me by PM or reply below!

Note
Steam works in an odd way where if you buy a gift for someone, it sends exactly what you bought. For example, if an Australian gifts someone in the UK Left 4 Dead 2 then it's the censored version Australia gets instead of the UK one. This is just a disclaimer, but it potentially could make anyone in Australia want to hold off on buying titles like L4D2.

Applicants (So Far)
Wishlists are linked if available.
1. Ribs
2. jeeno0142
3. corruptbiggins
4. divisionten (in order of preference)
5. Javi-Wan Kenobi
6. Strong Badinator (deluxe/goty editions of Oblivion and Borderlands)
7. SilverWolfPet (in order of preference, do not gift racing games)
8. Rather Dashing
9. Giant Tope
10. FitzoliverJ
11. Comrade Pants

(Feel free to turn this into 'Discuss The Steam Sales' like it did last time, too)
Have Fun, and do sign up if you can!

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, ah, it is the last day, and, uh, I haven't received my gift yet, so, if my gifter could hurry, that'd be nice. :o

  • @StrongBadinator said: So, ah, it is the last day, and, uh, I haven't received my gift yet, so, if my gifter could hurry, that'd be nice. :o

    Same thing!!!
    Luckily, the Portal 2 deal is still available, so either my gifter can use it, or if he/she gifts me another thing I can buy it by myself.
    EDIT: From what Ribs said earlier, I understand my gifter actually already DID send my gift. If so, I haven't received any mail, or perhaps I received it but I mislaid it with all the spam. If that's the case, please resend it: On Steam, select Games>Manage Gifts and Guest Passes, select the apropiate game and press "Resend"

  • So, er, I'm going to be asleep in about, 2 hours. Is.. is there any chance of my gift being gifted between now and then? I know I'm sounding kinda impatient, but, well, it's the last day, and I'd also like to buy a few things..

  • Here in Spain is already 11th July, 9:00 am. Steam countdown shows 10 more hours to end the sales. I'll hate to buy something while the sale, just to find that is the same thing my gifter sent me. But there are some deals I'm going to use before the time expires, no matter what. So please, Summer Santa, whoever you are, hurry up!!!

  • @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: Here in Spain is already 11th July, 9:00 am. Steam countdown shows 10 more hours to end the sales. I'll hate to buy something while the sale, just to find that is the same thing my gifter sent me. But there are some deals I'm going to use before the time expires, no matter what. So please, Summer Santa, whoever you are, hurry up!!!



    You should have yours. I just spoke with your gifter yesterday to make sure.

  • @Ribs said: You should have yours. I just spoke with your gifter yesterday to make sure.

    Something has gone wrong then, because I haven't received anything yet...

  • Javi-Wan Kenobi, please let us know as soon as you receive your gift so I can un-stick this thread. Thanks!

  • Just to keep the things clear, I've read the whole thread, and I've noticed that:
    * Neither Ribs nor Comrade Pants have confirmed to have sent their gifts (Actually, Rather Dashing neither did, but divisionten confirmed to have received a gift from him)
    * Neither me nor StrongBadinator, Rather Dashing and Comrade Pants have confirmed to have received our gifts.

  • @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: Just to keep the things clear, I've read the whole thread, and I've noticed that:
    * Neither Ribs nor Comrade Pants have confirmed to have sent their gifts (Actually, Rather Dashing neither did, but divisionten confirmed to have received a gift from him)
    * Neither me nor StrongBadinator, Rather Dashing and Comrade Pants have confirmed to have received our gifts.



    Dashing told me over Steam he received his gift.

    Feel free to Unstick. I'll ask Javi's gifted to resend later.

  • Thanks Comrade Pants for The Final Hours of Portal 2.

Add Comment