34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • *sighs*

This turned me on...

And then I read this...

@The Highway said: I WANT IT!!!!!

please

I thought, that's what I was thinking...but I don't think I'm down for this...

• Oh man...something like that should have been the only cover of the game. They need to make that available somehow for the rest of us that got that crappy slide cover with the blank cut-by-the-lines back. Not to mention the uninspired generic cover with the in-game models.

So, now that i've been rude you will give me the pretty cover right? right?

• Hell, put it in the store as a poster I would quite happily throw down some dosh for that.

Art that good deserves to be on a wall.

I, we, all of us, er, most of us, will pay you money, real, actual money. Go, now, contact a commercial printer, MONEY!!!1!, for you right? No brainer, give us the poster, license to print money, have I made myself clear?!?

• @Ash735 said: I've also noticed they now list the Deluxe Edition, which includes the same bonus stuff as the TellTale version, for a hefty £50 though!

Also comes in a slightly different chest

91FUZMy2FkL._AA1500_.jpg

I'm a touch disappointed that this version is getting a general release, I hoped it would be more limited than that. But, I've had it ages and it didn't cost as much as that, so I shant complain too much! :D

• I know it's something like of a prototype photo, and the chest on that pic isn't real, but it looks like some storage box to me. So, yeah, I prefer the TT chest. (And also I prefer the Steve Purcell slip cover, though Ryan's art DOES look cool)

Though, truth be told, when I heard ToMI Deluxe Edition was going to be in a chest, I imagined myself something like this:

ce65ca94fe04.jpg

So I was a little disappointed with TT's chest too when I got it. Though it's still a nice box.

PS. The thing on the photo is Russian Collector's Edition of the Pirates of the Burning Sea MMORPG.

• @Farlander said: I know it's something like of a prototype photo, and the chest on that pic isn't real, but it looks like some storage box to me. So, yeah, I prefer the TT chest. (And also I prefer the Steve Purcell slip cover, though Ryan's art DOES look cool)

Though, truth be told, when I heard ToMI Deluxe Edition was going to be in a chest, I imagined myself something like this:

ce65ca94fe04.jpg

So I was a little disappointed with TT's chest too when I got it. Though it's still a nice box.

PS. The thing on the photo is Russian Collector's Edition of the Pirates of the Burning Sea MMORPG.

Look at that chest! And that map! Why couldn't Telltale have done THAT? Instead we got a paper box masquerading as a "chest" and a fancy cartographic dinner napkin.

• Yeah, that chest is very cool (the European/American releases of PotBS don't have this kind of release, although they do have ANNO 1404 with a chest, something the Russian release doesn't have). This is a small stock photo of how it looks closed.

500E68.jpg

• I was reading a Magazine at work, which mentions distributors what games to order in, and i found this page saying that there will be 2 editions for the UK coming in April. the thing is i really prefer this cover art on the dvd then the CGI cover, oh if only there was a way of getting that cover

anyway heres a sneaky photo i took of the page

http://yfrog.com/h3m5bkwj

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Ignatius said: Oh man...something like that should have been the only cover of the game. They need to make that available somehow for the rest of us that got that crappy slide cover with the blank cut-by-the-lines back. Not to mention the uninspired generic cover with the in-game models.

I really like Steve Purcell's slide cover. :) The cut out paper dolls in the back are nice too. They are a fun flashback to the paper dolls Steve Purcell made for the original Monkey Island. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=2419&stc=1&d

• Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was an alternate cover! The artwork is amazing, and I am jealous of the everyone involved in creating it for being able to make something so awesome.

@nOmArch said: Hell, put it in the store as a poster I would quite happily throw down some dosh for that.

I have to agree. I already own the other poster, but I would love to purchase a poster of this if it was made available.

Add Comment