User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum but am a pretty much lifelong fan of the MI games. My favorite is Curse.
    If you still need help with the fan game, count me in. I can do artwork and some basic animation. I may be able to help out with voices if you still need an Elaine but this isn't my strong suit.
    I've attached a sample of some fan art for your consideration, drawn in Adobe Illustrator and using the aforementioned Curse style as much as possible.
    I'd really love to design the splash screen & player interface (aesthetics only- designer, not coder;)) if you need that done. I'm working on a mockup right now and will post when I get it done.
    CMI Ship

• @dmassing said: Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum but am a pretty much lifelong fan of the MI games. My favorite is Curse.
    If you still need help with the fan game, count me in. I can do artwork and some basic animation. I may be able to help out with voices if you still need an Elaine but this isn't my strong suit.
    I've attached a sample of some fan art for your consideration, drawn in Adobe Illustrator and using the aforementioned Curse style as much as possible.
    I'd really love to design the splash screen & player interface (aesthetics only- designer, not coder;)) if you need that done. I'm working on a mockup right now and will post when I get it done.
    CMI Ship

Welcome to the forums :)
    I gotta say that ship looks epic! Nice job!!! :guybrush:

(and yes, I did use this as a random excuse to post the Guybrush emoticon :P)

• All done with mockup #1. Clicky!:)
    So here's the rundown on how this would work:
    This is basically the save, load, quit screen user interface.
    The compasses along the bottom would be active to mouseover and clicks.
    The pointer is the red dagger.
    When the user mouses over each compass, a different character appears inside the blank circle. I was thinking that Guybrush could be the second button, then LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, etc.
    I went through a lot of work and time in drawing this in Adobe Illustrator. The good news is that I used multiple layers so everything is easier to edit if changes are proposed.
    I read the previous discussions about Carnival and I would really love to be involved. What is the status of the game??
    I didn't see any mention of Murray in the game, but if you remember correctly he was stuck on that shelf in CMI next to where Dingy Dog guessed age/weight. I think he should have some kind of part in the game (he usually does!):D

• Only just found out about this from the AGS forums this looks great, if you still need it I'd love to do some voice over ( it's really hard to track what still needs doing from this thread)

Some VA stuffs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x78tcAF0I18&feature=youtu.be

• @dmassing, we're actually at the stage of the game/episode where we're finally starting to build it, meaning that the script is essentially finished, most of our backgrounds are completed, and quite a number of our sprites are complete, with the rest in a concept stage, and things are finally progressing past the pre-production phase, and into the development stage.
    I regret to tell you that we're already working on a menu interface - one which also fits in a little better with the overall theme of the game itself.
    What you've created here is marvelous, though; I love what you've done; your style is very distinctive and appealing.

So, from what I've seen here, you'd be welcome to come aboard, even be it simply for concept art and planning of visuals. And I'm sure your animation skills will come in handy as well. I'll just run everything by the rest of the team, and we'll see if we've got room to welcome in another member ;)

@Azure, okay, you're simply wonderful. What I've heard from that video of yours is just terrific. You would be great to have in the project, and I can think of a few roles that you could potentially fill (both minor and major). Thank you so much for offering to lend your voice to this project.

For the time being, though, we probably won't need to be recording dialogue just yet, as we'll do that towards the end of the episode's production, when the majority of it is complete. I'll be sure to contact you at that time.

By the way, though, just wondering, are you capable of doing a competent impression of the Voodoo Lady, by any chance? She's one of the female characters who will feature quite prominently throughout the course of the game, and to get a good voice for her would be excellent!

• Sorry for the slow reply! TBH I don't think I'd be able to pull off voodoo lady, I will keep an ear out for people who might be able to do it though!

• A new screen for those who haven't seen it yet:
    b386519478319.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

so when should the game come out

Add Comment