User Avatar Image

ACK! Things that have made you want to cry/scream!

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 355 users

have you ever worked on a project for weeks and then everything went wrong? Have you ever just not been able to a section of a game? Have you ever had something happen that caused you to lose a competition literally right as you were about to win?

this is a thread for people to post the most anticlimactic things that have ever happened to them.

Most recently for me, I started working on this http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/tanabata-doll/index.html I had spent over a week on it, I had finished the main mechanism, I had checked to make sure it worked, I had also finished Hikoboshi and had attached him to the main box, I tried to turn the crank to make it work, and the inner mechanism broke, A week of extremely tedious work down the drain right as I was almost finished... I didn't even get to see him lift his little hands :( I ended up raging, tearing it in half, wadding it up, and throwing it as hard as I could across the room...

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Invader Zim fanfiction. Not ONE single fic I could find was true to the show AT ALL.

• working forever on a final project for school that was worth like 30% of my grade working everything out trying to get it to look perfect when a day before it was due the computer erased everything. (i failed the class)

• Been working on upgrading my Arcade machine for weeks, and the day after the current level of upgrades were complete, my cat decides to investigate, and since my old man foolishly didn't put the computer back in properly, the PC fell out of the cabinet!

I was upset for most of the day, but fortunately, the PC was fine, and the reason it didn't power up is that the button was disconnected.

• @RaptorsRwk said: working forever on a final project for school that was worth like 30% of my grade working everything out trying to get it to look perfect when a day before it was due the computer erased everything. (i failed the class)

did the teacher not allow you to take an incomplete?

• @RaptorsRwk said: working forever on a final project for school that was worth like 30% of my grade working everything out trying to get it to look perfect when a day before it was due the computer erased everything. (i failed the class)

Damn, that reminds me of taking my final Art exam in Secondary School. Some little shithead stole my art portfolio (containing two years of work). I still don't know who did it to this day but I'd love to kick the crap out of them. As a result I received a D grade for Art. Fuck that, I'm a decent artist and deserved at the very least a B.

Why isn't there a system in place for this kind of bullshit?!

Ah well, at least secondary school grades don't mean jack in the adult world and I take comfort knowing that whomever stole my portfolio is no doubt working in a McDonald's somewhere today (probably still on their first trainee star... loser).

• There are times where I am trying to draw a certain picture but it doesnt turn out how I want it to turn out. It makes me scream with annoyance.

And when I'm usually doing something for my dad he's usually telling me to do something else. Same thing goes for my mom whenever there is chores around the house.

• @Leplaya said: There are times where I am trying to draw a certain picture but it doesnt turn out how I want it to turn out. It makes me scream with annoyance.

*sigh* I know that pain all too well. It's maddening to have visions of pure beauty and genius in your head but the inability to truly express them to the rest of the world.

I'm sure that'll I leave this world, taking so many amazing and potentially classic wonders with me to my grave.

• @Davies said: *sigh* I know that pain all too well. It's maddening to have visions of pure beauty and genius in your head but the inability to truly express them to the rest of the world.

Its hard to draw well when you cant be patient about it. Especially if you want in good looking quality.

• @Leplaya said: Its hard to draw well when you cant be patient about it. Especially if you want in good looking quality.

Absolutely, although I was personally referring to the many superb films that are in my head but would require at least a 3k budget to make.

Add Comment