User Avatar Image

1-Up provides Suggestions for Telltale Franchises.

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 735 users

The brain geniuses over at 1-Up have apparently run out of good ideas, so they have posted a list of franchises they'd like to see from Telltale.

The list can be found here.

My Commentary on their picks.

The Goonies: I've never seen the movie, and I don't know anybody who has especially fond memories of it, so why would Telltale release a game based on a non-existant franchise?

MacGyver:Seriously? MacGyver? The man can make anything happen with seemingly mundane objects. Do you relly think that the average gamer has the puzzle-solving skill of Richard Dean Anderson?

Beavis and Butthead: No. Just... no. No way. Nu-uh. No-ho-ho-ho no. No.

Raymond Chandler's Detective Stories: Why specifically Raymond Chandler? Why not Agatha Christie, or more obviously Sherlock Holmes? What possible reason is there to highlight the man who once said "When in doubt, have a man with a gun bust in"?

Maniac Mansion: Well, I may agree with this one, but frankly, it should have been too obvious.

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, Beavis and Butthead is probably right up their alley right now.

• I actually think Beavis and Butthead is a good idea for a game.

• Loved The Goonies, though after BTTF and the information currently released on Jurassic Park, I don't want to see anymore franchises I loved potentially ruined by Telltale. As for MacGuyver, that would make a PERFECT adventure game. But Telltale aren't up to the task of (or aren't willing to) create an adventure game with puzzles of that level of depth.

• @Gibush said: I actually think Beavis and Butthead is a good idea for a game.

Oh, no, no no no no no no no NO. No. No. No. No.

...No.

Beavis and Butthead ITSELF is not a good idea.

• See, here's where that funny differing tastes thing comes into play...

• I don't think i'd lay cash down for any of those, at least the way I imagine them turning out in my head.

• I have fond memories of the original two Beavis and Butt-head adventure games, and would love to play a new one.

MacGuyver is a great series for an adventure game, though I don't know that Telltale could pull it off.

Maniac Mansion is a no brainer.

And while I've never seen The Goonies, you're very, very wrong if you think that nobody cares about it anymore.

• @Scnew said: While I've never seen The Goonies, you're very, very wrong if you think that nobody cares about it anymore.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't take too many chances on a game based off a singular movie.

Honestly, would YOU buy a game based on a singular movie that you haven't seen, at least not for years?

• I liked the Beavis and Butthead adventure game... it had its moments.

• @StrongBrush1 said: All I'm saying is that you shouldn't take too many chances on a game based off a singular movie.

Honestly, would YOU buy a game based on a singular movie that you haven't seen, at least not for years?

I'm gonna go on a guess here, but I'll say there are more people who know of The Goonies than there are who know of Sam & Max.

But if you want to go on with your "Neither I nor some people in my immediate circle know of this, therefore it cannot be popular" argument, go ahead.

Just remember, most movie franchise games suck, and some games that come from nowhere end up being popular. There's no garantee whatsoever, but The Goonies would lend itself to adventure games beautifully. You can doubt it if you will.

This discussion has been closed.