User Avatar Image

JP Collection Sale! MASSIVE! REALLY!!

posted by jmine83 on - last edited - Viewed by 706 users

Thread deleted

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You have some really REALLY cool stuff here! But I've been very tight on money since I got my Jeep so I haven't been able to collect Jurassic Park items like I used too. But very nice collection though.

• A grand collection you have their, makes me wish i didnt get rid of my toys as a kid. I'd keep them if I were you for a few more years. If their is ever a reboot of the movie, Id expect the origional toys would spike in value.

• Massive, massive collection!

Do you mind tell me what exactly does this guide consists of?

Do you mind also tell from where would you ship these? Europe or US?

• @Dr.Dino said: Massive, massive collection!

Do you mind tell me what exactly does this guide consists of?

Do you mind also tell from where would you ship these? Europe or US?

The TLW:JP Field Guide was some exclusive promo thing by Kodak. The guide unfolds into a big poster of a map of Isla Sorna. But it's a very "artsy" decorative style map and not in any way even tries to look realistic or accurate. Then on the other side of the map it lists all the dinosaurs featured in TLW:JP with diagrams, facts, and stats on all the dinosaurs. Finally, there is a place that allows you to put a photograph (a portrait photo of yourself presumably) that makes it look like you have an official passport or something to go to Site B.

As for buyer restrictions, I am willing to ship internationally IF you can handle the cost of S&H which often times is not cheap. I myself am in the USA. So international folks, you've been kindly warned.

• @hiplobonoxa said: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

Very interesting. I had not heard that before. I will agree it's very true.

As for this particular context, it's just a commonplace matter of sales transaction psychology. People trying to sell vs. buy products and services each have a respective agenda that they are trying to achieve. Buyers want to purchase goods as cheap as possible while sellers want to be able to turn about a maximum profit. Thus resulting in two parties on opposite extremes attempting to negotiate terms that would seem favorable to each respective individual. So it's really no mystery that the buyer and seller obviously know what the agenda of the other individual is and thus have to play a sort of negotiation game.

So, as far as the psychology is concerned in sales transactions with negotiable prices, it is not uncommon for the seller to initially state the price to be much higher than what they are actually intending to receive. That way, in case the buyer is satisfied with the initial offer, the seller basically got the upper hand and ended up with more profit than they were even planning. For example, a teenager wanting to actually borrow $50 from their parents might actually ask pose the initial question: "Can I borrow $100?" The teenager knowing that the more than likely response of the parent will be "no". Then, they proceed to pose the same question with the real agenda: "Okay... Can I borrow just $50 then?". Since $50 is much lower than $100, the parent might be a bit more likely to say "yes".

This sort of financial psychology tactic is fairly common sense and expected during sales transaction with negotiable prices. I'm not really sure why you brought up the "endowment effect" article, but it seems rather off-tangent for this particular situation. I can't even believe I just wasted time writing this commentary on the matter.

• Hi I saw the lost world crate in your pictures but I couldn't seem to find it in the list, do you still have it and what sort of price are you after for it?

• @Sallymerrett22 said: Hi I saw the lost world crate in your pictures but I couldn't seem to find it in the list, do you still have it and what sort of price are you after for it?

Yes, it is available for sale. Here is the entry in the spreadsheet:

TLW:JP Dino Crate, Electronic Wooden Promotional 4 $ 50 1 7 x 6 x 6 1 Y

• | IMPORTANT |

Be sure to check the initial post of this thread for important updates and announcements.

• I'm really interested now, could you possibly ship the dino crate to England?

Add Comment