User Avatar Image

If BTTF is a hit, Quantum Leap next?

posted by Certifiable on - last edited - Viewed by 850 users

After all, both series are owned by Universal.

And same as BTTF, the stars are still alive today!
(And since they're not MASSIVELY big names, not costly to hire for V.O!)

AND both were great character driven shows!

Screw the rumoured remake of LEAP into a movie, we need it continued RIGHT!

Ball's in your court Telltale.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saw a show once where a group of people ended up in an alternate universe where ancient Egypt is in the present time or something. Also, there was an episode about a giant shopping mall. Was that Quantum Leap?

EDIT: Never mind. The show that I thought all these years was Quantum Leap turned out to be a show called Sliders.

• I've never seen quantum leap before.

Now, Doctor who would be perfect, and we're all used to terrible games, so Telltale won't be able to disappoint us with it! The fans don't have high expectations, so anything half-way decent would be amazing. Plus there's a backlog of main actors to delve into, if the more recent ones are too expensive/don't comply.

Heck, they could even do a Torchwood game based on the CSi series, but that's probably too niché.

• I've stated this before and I'll say it again...

Sliders is a far more suitable show for Telltale to adapt than Quantum Leap, due to the sliders remaining in the same area from episode to episode (no need to create brand new locations but rather to alter previous locations to reflect the universe the team have slid into. Also, to an extent there would be the same secondary characters each episode (e.g. the Mallory family, Conrad Bennish etc.) but again, with differences depending on the universe their in.

Also, for those who don't know; Quantum Leap is supposedly set in the same canon as Sliders (see here for details).

• I loved Quantum Leap. Would love to see the story continued.

• It's such a shame that Quantum Leap was cancelled when it was. Donald Bellisario has stated that he planned for season 6 to represent a big change in the leaps that Sam would encounter (the barman in the last episode says something to the effect of "things are going to get a lot tougher from here on out).

Sam was going to start leaping to the distant past (for example, the Wild West and Medieval Times), Bellisario also talked of an episode where Sam would strangely leap into a cartoon. It could have been amazing, though I imagine the budget would have had to be increased considerably.

• I'd just like to throw in a resounding "YES" vote and I'm very happy to see someone propose this/ :P

• Hey all,

I've been watching Quantum Leap recently and remembered that according to the last episode "Sam never returned home". Now I remember people didn't like this. Sam was a nice guy and deserved to return home.

Now a game might be a good idea to allow him to do so. He fixed Al's life so you could have a new Hologram Assistant and you could leap at the end of each "Episode" into a new one. Each leap could be in a different location and time to avoid it feeling too same-y and he could slowly change things that allow him to return home.

I would love to see this happen and maybe even if you didn't leap as Sam but his son or something and had to find Sam somewhere in time to bring him home.

Just a thought. Any fans that agree?

Cheers for reading. :)

Add Comment