User Avatar Image

SCOTT PILGRIM + TELLTALE! Make it happen!!

posted by YoshiRoll on - last edited - Viewed by 255 users

Hi everyone,

If you didn't already know, Telltale Games approached Bryan Lee O'Malley, creator of Scott Pilgrim not so long ago, pitching an episodic game to him based on the comics. (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6300143/scott-pilgrim-creator-rejected-telltale-games-title-offer) He said no.

But wouldn't a Scott Pilgrim game by Telltale be awesome!? (More awesome than Jurassic Park, Fables, and Kings Quest, but that's just a matter of opinion.)

We should get Telltale to go back to O'Malley, asking again if they can make a game, because it's what the fans want!

Comment below if you want/don't want this to happen!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I forgot to add a poll, so with your response add the following:

(1) if you think this would be gaming heaven
    (2) if you think this would be awesome
    (3) if you don't mind whether or not it happens
    (4) if you don't think it would be very good
    (5) if you hate scott pilgrim or this concept

• TTG asking BLOM a second time would be a bit rude, I'd think. He said no for a reason, and honestly, at this point in time, I'd have to agree with him. TTG really needs to overhaul their episode model before taking on another big project like that.

I do want a Scott Pilgrim adventure game desperately, but as it stands right now, I don't want it to be a Telltale game anymore.

(inb4 Dashing tears this thread a new one :p)

• It would be a bit rude agreed, and Telltale would need to step up their game (and break out the l word!)

But it works so perfectly. Who made the movie? Universal.
    Who do Telltale have a contract with? Universal.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@YoshiRoll said: I forgot to add a poll

Your friendly neighbourhood mods can help you out with that. Abracadabra.

• Your friendly neighbourhood mods can help you out with that. Abracadabra.

Cheers for the poll.

• Nah, if Bryan Lee O'Malley doesn't feel it's right, then I don't think Telltale should press on. Also, not sure if it'll make a good adventure game. It's always been more of an action game for me, which it already has.

• I fully agree with tredlow, with the added notion that if Bryan Lee O'Malley doesn't feel it's right, it probably even isn't right. People know about their own work what could and what couldn't work, that's why authors of original work like to be involved with derivative works, to make sure they do what actually could work.

Or something, I don't know, I haven't slept that well.

• Nah, if Bryan Lee O'Malley doesn't feel it's right, then I don't think Telltale should press on. Also, not sure if it'll make a good adventure game. It's always been more of an action game for me, which it already has.

I agree that O'Malley knows what is best for his creation, however I think it would work better as an adventure game than a fighting/action game. The graphic novels are more about characters, story, and hammers that are +1 against girls than the actual fights.
    And as said before Telltale already have a deal with Universal.

• @YoshiRoll said: The graphic novels are more about characters, story, and hammers that are +1 against girls than the actual fights.

Well, yeah, but now action games can have story and characterization as well. It's not just adventure games anymore.

So, if there's gonna be a new Scott Pilgrim game, I'd prefer an action-adventure game. Something that has action in it, because while it's not the what the comics are really about, it's still a big part of it, and the style and feel of the comics borrow mostly from action games.

Though, it would be cool to have a Scott Pilgrim game that looks like Puzzle Agent.

• Did some of you forget that Telltale games wanted to do Scott Pilgrim beforehand?

Add Comment