User Avatar Image

JP Collection Sale! MASSIVE! REALLY!!

posted by jmine83 on - last edited - Viewed by 388 users

Thread deleted

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sallymerrett22 said: I'm really interested now, could you possibly ship the dino crate to England?

The cost of postage to England from the USA is approximately $15 USD for the item in question. I am willing to ship if your bid is good enough.

• @jmine83 said: The cost of postage to England from the USA is approximately $15 USD for the item in question. I am willing to ship if your bid is good enough.

Come on you can do me a special deal :) Just one more question before I put some money down, are all the measurements in inches? and what is the electronic bit?

Regards
    Sally

• @Sallymerrett22 said: Come on you can do me a special deal :)

Respectfully, why? That would be unfair to everyone else. No one gets special treatment. This is a pretty cut-and-dry process. If it's because you think paying $15 for S&H is more than you expected; no duh, international postage is pricey.

And I will further emphasize this for everyone else who lives outside of the USA who wants to buy items from me. Don't be shocked if the cost of postage I quote seems expensive to you. That's what you get yourself into when you buy product from "private individuals" in other countries. You all want to check USPS yourself, be my guest. I'm not a business who can work special postage deals like on eBay.

@Sallymerrett22 said: Just one more question before I put some money down, are all the measurements in inches? and what is the electronic bit?

Regards
    Sally

The dimensions are in inches, the weight is in US pounds. As for the dino crate itself, here is what I precisely quoted another potential buyer on another forum who also wants the crate:

TLW:JP Dino Crate, Electronic Wooden Promotional 4 $ 50 1 7 x 6 x 6 1 Y

The crate in question was simply a special promo item displayed around theaters at the time TLW:JP originally premiered in 1997. I believe originally it was suppose to maybe have some green plastic plants and vines inside that would poke out of the cracks and edges for effect. However, as the photo indicates, that is not the case here obviously. But anyone could easily just add plant foliage themselves. Anyways, inside the crate is a simple electronic audio chip mechanism of some sorts that is connected to a switch on the lid of the crate. So that, when a person removes the lid to open the crate, you presumably would hear a dinosaur roar. However, the electronic mechanism itself is "non-functional" so I'm only guessing. Even when I originally bought this crate off eBay a long time ago, it never worked since I have owned it. Only someone with electrical hardware expertise could maybe repair it somehow.

• @jmine83 said: I can't even believe I just wasted time writing this commentary on the matter.

actually, i very much enjoyed your response. if you're interested in the psychology of negotiating, you should really read "predictably irrational" by dan ariely. you should also check out another type of cognitive bias, called "anchoring." here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring. the endowment effect and anchoring come incredibly in handy when negotiating. also, i'm feeling a small amount of guilt for giving your potential buyers the one up on you, so perhaps i should try to undo the damage by giving your the list another look over and buying something for myself. anyway, good luck selling your stuff! =)

• I hope you do know that on some action figure websites there are jp action figures for less than what u r offering just trying to help out a tad bit

• wow! you have alot of stuff that i want. hopefully when i get more money i will buy some stuff from you.

• New update folks. Check out the initial post for details.

• Just a question: Where did you get these? Mug and plate
    They look really neat as a set :)

Oh and are these statues? Stego

Oh and what was in this crate? Crate

• @Tetsu Aero said: Just a question: Where did you get these? Mug and plate
    They look really neat as a set :)

Oh and are these statues? Stego

Oh and what was in this crate? Crate

First off, the cup-and-plate set simply came from the Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Florida; hence, why on many of the item titles you will see the acronym IOA for Islands of Adventure. USH stands for Universal Studios Hollywood.

Next, no they are not statues. If you had looked at the spreadsheet file and matched up the "items numbers" listed in the spreadsheet up to the photo captions, you would then know it is:

TLW:JP Dino Ornament Display, Glass - T-Rex Art 4 JP2ART-1002
    TLW:JP Dino Ornament Display, Glass - Stegosaurus Art 4 JP2ART-1003

So put simply, they are christmas tree ornaments. Very rare in fact. They were originally manufactured by some premier christmas tree ornament artist named Christopher Radko.

Lastly, as for the crate, I will simply quote what I said on another forum about the crate:

"The crate in question was simply a special promo item displayed around theaters at the time TLW:JP originally premiered in 1997. I believe originally it was suppose to maybe have some green plastic plants and vines inside that would poke out of the cracks and edges for effect. However, as the photo indicates, that is not the case here obviously. But anyone could easily just add plant foliage themselves. Anyways, inside the crate is a simple electronic audio chip mechanism of some sorts that is connected to a switch on the lid of the crate. So that, when a person removes the lid to open the crate, you "presumably" would hear a dinosaur roar. However, the electronic mechanism itself is non-functional so I'm only guessing. Even when I originally bought this crate off eBay a long time ago, it has never worked since I've owned it. Only someone with electrical hardware expertise could maybe repair it somehow."

• Ah thank you for answering. :)

Hm....

Add Comment