User Avatar Image

SCOTT PILGRIM + TELLTALE! Make it happen!!

posted by YoshiRoll on - last edited - Viewed by 374 users

Hi everyone,

If you didn't already know, Telltale Games approached Bryan Lee O'Malley, creator of Scott Pilgrim not so long ago, pitching an episodic game to him based on the comics. (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6300143/scott-pilgrim-creator-rejected-telltale-games-title-offer) He said no.

But wouldn't a Scott Pilgrim game by Telltale be awesome!? (More awesome than Jurassic Park, Fables, and Kings Quest, but that's just a matter of opinion.)

We should get Telltale to go back to O'Malley, asking again if they can make a game, because it's what the fans want!

Comment below if you want/don't want this to happen!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Leplaya said: Did some of you forget that Telltale games wanted to do Scott Pilgrim beforehand?

Yeah, it was mentioned in the first post, and Bryan Lee O'Malley said no. That's what we've been talking about.

• @Leplaya said: Did some of you forget that Telltale games wanted to do Scott Pilgrim beforehand?

Great. Good for them. They don't have to make good games anymore. I won't force them.

• @Secret Fawful said: Great. Good for them. They don't have to make good games anymore. I won't force them.

I keep hearing about how Telltale's games aren't good anymore, but you know, it's only the BTTF game. I mean, up to Devil's Playhouse, I thought their games were pretty good. So yeah, the BTTF game sucks, but it doesn't mean that all their games are gonna be that way in the future. We don't know that.

Not yet, at least.

• I'm not saying Telltale is evil, just that this game would have been terrible.

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm not saying Telltale is evil, just that this game would have been terrible.

No, yeah, I get what you mean. I was talking about how there are a lot of people who simply turned against Telltale when BTTF came out and it sucked. The worst thing Telltale did here, in my opinion, was their choice of franchise; it was simply too big of a fanbase to please.

Come to think of it, you can say the same thing about Jurassic Park and Walking Dead. Oh, crap. I dunno about Fables, though.

BTW, what's your opinion on Scott Pilgrim?

• @tredlow said: I keep hearing about how Telltale's games aren't good anymore, but you know, it's only the BTTF game. I mean, up to Devil's Playhouse, I thought their games were pretty good. So yeah, the BTTF game sucks, but it doesn't mean that all their games are gonna be that way in the future. We don't know that.

Not yet, at least.

This.

I don't understand the hate. Every company has a bad game, it doesn't mean every game from here on out will be bad. I've found all their games up to this point to be good (excluding BttF). I'm not saying BttF is bad either, it's just mediocre. I thought the comedy was good, but the "gameplay" wasn't. And the story was good considering the third movie didn't really leave it open for a sequel.

On the topic of a Scott Pilgrim adventure game. I don't know how that would work. I know Scott Pilgrim isn't all about the fighting, but the fighting is definitely a part of it. I don't know if adventure is the genre for another Scott Pilgrim game. But, you never know. Maybe Telltale would be able to pull it off and surprise me.

• Scott Pilgrim doesn't really feel like an adventure game to me. Plus, what are they going to do for a story? Rehash the same plot from the comics/movie? What would a continuation be? "Oh no... Ramona's seven MORE evil ex-boyfriends are here!"

• @Scnew said: Scott Pilgrim doesn't really feel like an adventure game to me. Plus, what are they going to do for a story? Rehash the same plot from the comics/movie? What would a continuation be? "Oh no... Ramona's seven MORE evil ex-boyfriends are here!"

I picture a more faithful retelling of the comics when I see it in my head. Something like a comedic Indigo Prophecy (the gameplay style, not plot) with a heavier emphasis on puzzle solving. This way they could cover the fighting and bass-playing as well.

• @ShaggE said: I picture a more faithful retelling of the comics when I see it in my head. Something like a comedic Indigo Prophecy (the gameplay style, not plot) with a heavier emphasis on puzzle solving. This way they could cover the fighting and bass-playing as well.

With the exception of Bone, Telltale has always done new stories in established properties, though. Sam and Max, Monkey Island, Strong Bad, they all had new stories rather then adapting old ones. Back to the Future continued the movies. Jurassic Park and the Walking Dead are about new characters and their stories happening at the same time as the original material. New stories in an established universe are much more interesting to me then simply replaying stories I've already read/watched more then once.

• I think Telltale's engine is not flexible enough for a game like this.

And lets be honest here, Telltale's action segments have never been all too great...

Add Comment