User Avatar Image

Poker Night: All my stats are gone!

posted by SupSuper on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

So after a busy day I load up Poker Night, and it starts up in a window for some reason (I usually play full-screen). No biggie I think, sometimes games do that, I fix up the Options and go play.

I notice I have the option to "Continue Tournament" (I didn't even know the game saved tournaments) even though I finished my last tournament, but I decide to try it out anyways. The game seems to load up the last game right when I lost, with me having no money:

th_pokernight4.jpg

Yet when I start the hand I suddenly get a bunch of money to play with. :confused: Oh well, whatever, I continue the game and beat the Heavy.

Then I noticed... all my game stats are gone! :eek: Unlocks, items, everything! There's only stats for the hands I played since I loaded the game. Although the achievements are intact, you can see I had gotten the Strong Bad glasses:

th_pokernight5.jpg

Luckily I hadn't advanced much in the game so I'm not too bothered, but still, what the hell happened to all my cool stuff?? :(

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mmmm. I'm not sure but i think that "Statistic" is only related to prefs.prop file, 'cause i am able to reproduce the problem just deleting it.
    I could use an old or the just last save game changing only the "last tournement" i was in.
    Replacing with the "right" prefs.prop, completely unrelated for the pnati_save.save, give me back the statistic. Could it be a problem with the launcher? 'Cause i noticed that build.prop file is saved not when you exit from the game but when you close the launcher after closing the game (via menu).

Regards.

• Devs, you've added new achievement. Fix the the god-damn-save-corruption bug already.

• Man happened to me, ONE WIN AWAY FROM A NEW DECK. Btw same scenario of graphics and full screen going back to default.

• Hmmm.... so this bug was never fixed? I haven't spent much time here lately because none of their current offerings interest me much. However, I was itching to play something so I figured I'd finally give in and buy this game.

But then I stumbled on a couple threads about this problem and decided to dig a bit deeper before I bothered to buy it. Not that I care about spending $5.... not at all. But I would have no patience for losing stats in any game. It's disappointing if Telltale left this bug on the table (pun intended).

Has anyone ever figured out the cause? Does this happen in all versions? (such as Win,Mac & Steam)? I'm not messing with a backup script to correct a major bug.

• There are two things that are known to cause this problem:

1. Anything that causes the program to end suddenly (power failure, game crash, etc...)
    2. Certain Video players corrupt the save files. If you're running video in the background you run the risk of losing data.

• Will there be an update to remedy this problem?

• @Frostbyte said: There are two things that are known to cause this problem:

1. Anything that causes the program to end suddenly (power failure, game crash, etc...)
    2. Certain Video players corrupt the save files. If you're running video in the background you run the risk of losing data.

1) Meh. Now we just have to find out what causes a CTD. Weird.

2) Only video players? Nothing with audio player or embedded Flash Content playing?

• What happend to me? You ask? Well i bought the game and i needet the cerial number!
    and it dosen't work! I got soo pissed that i did not play steam forever.

• Wow, I can't believe this bug was never fixed... I just preordered the second one and was playing this one in the mean time and just lost my save tonight. This is the second TTG I have had issues with the save file I also had the issue with TWD. At least with that one there was a work around but it's pretty ridiculous to make your customer work to back up their saves... Looks like I'll be staying away from TTG.

Add Comment