User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It wasn't the directing that was the problem with Jurassic Park 3. It was the screenplay. If only they had a better screenplay people would have enjoyed it more

• @waroftheworlds01 said: It wasn't the directing that was the problem with Jurassic Park 3. It was the screenplay. If only they had a better screenplay people would have enjoyed it more

I liked the basic premise of JP3. The problem was that they ignored paleontology in some places(ie. the Spinosaurus) and tried to acknowledge it badly in others(raptor quills). That and some contrived plot devices...and killing off the T-rex...and the fact that the movie was a good half hour shorter than the other two movies...

I personally do not want a JP4. Not unless they plan on going back to the beginning to actually ADAPT the novels. A fourth movie...poor Crichton's rolling in his grave.

• It wasn't so much the paleontology that bothered me (these are gentic theme park monsters after all). It was just the lack of story. They had a lot of unused material from both the novel and the first two films that they could have based a story on. Hell, they could have did an adaptation of the second Novel and it would have been an entirely different film than the second one.

But instead, they went with a very cheap story line. A kid gets stuck on the island and a group goes in to find him. I would have taken a "Levin goes to the island to study dinosaurs and things go wrong when we find out Biosyn is on the island as well" over "The Kerby's go look for their kid".

• @waroftheworlds01 said: It wasn't so much the paleontology that bothered me (these are gentic theme park monsters after all). It was just the lack of story. They had a lot of unused material from both the novel and the first two films that they could have based a story on. Hell, they could have did an adaptation of the second Novel and it would have been an entirely different film than the second one.

But instead, they went with a very cheap story line. A kid gets stuck on the island and a group goes in to find him. I would have taken a "Levin goes to the island to study dinosaurs and things go wrong when we find out Biosyn is on the island as well" over "The Kerby's go look for their kid".

Yes, if you notice, for once there is no HUMAN opposition on the island. Billy did attempt to steal eggs yes, but there was never a human antagonist. That's what really stood out to me.

• There were no surprises story wise in JP3. There were 4 inessential and meaningless characters(and actors) and they got killed off quickly... then no one else died. Just a lot of running. That bothered me. If they do indeed make a #4, I hope it's all, or at least all but maybe 1, no name actors.

• Yeah, I'd like some original casting.*Cough* maybe I could be casted. BUT at any rate, I think we could see some action from familiar faces.

• In my opinion we need Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and the Original Lex and Tim, Oh and Sam Neill and since Attenborough isnt well his brother David Could play Hammond

• @SeanJP said: In my opinion we need Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and the Original Lex and Tim, Oh and Sam Neill and since Attenborough isnt well his brother David Could play Hammond

but why would everyone go back? Especially Lex and Tim who are adults now and would be doing their own things.

• @Johro said: but why would everyone go back? Especially Lex and Tim who are adults now and would be doing their own things.

Maybe what they could do is have Hammond pass away, thus sparing the expense of hiring someone to fill in Sir Richard's shoes (impossible to do in my opinion), and have everyone who was originally on the island and survived return for a will reading or something and take it from there. To me, it seems like the most likely scenario to get Sam, Laura, Jeff, Ariana, and Joseph to reprise their roles

• It's kind of hard to involve more than one pre-existing character without making it seem forced...Even 1 can easily feel forced. I know everyone wants to see their beloved characters return, but it wouldn't make for a decent movie. Leave that stuff in the fanfic.

Add Comment