User Avatar Image

Duke Nukem Forever

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

Will Duke Nukem Forever EVER resurface or never...? Is the ship sunk or will they make another daring return somehow? What do you think? I don't know if their ready to let go of all that hype and glory yet, even though the team is mostly gone.

393 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, if you're lucky enough to find it. And again, this all shouldn't be necessary at all.

• I agree it shouldn't be. Is it still in the same spot it was in the demo?

• @MusicallyInspired said: I don't think you can. I've played through the game a couple times now and the Ego bar doesn't look any bigger upon restarting the game.

It's not the length of it that's important (that's what she said), but rather... its density, if I'm putting it correctly (that's what he said).

@MusicallyInspired said: Fair point, that is incredibly annoying. The only positive is that you get to keep your Ego boosts (I think), but that's hardly adequete compensation for having to go all the way back.

Man, do you know what was good in the good ol' classic games? The ability to CHOOSE ANY LEVEL YOU WANT TO START FROM, once you beat the level you want to choose. It can be coded easily, just have one checkpoint save file for your most farthest point in the game, and one more to handle restarting the level after deaths while playing the earlier levels.

I'm just saying, if they had thought of nifty ideas like that, they could at least get away by the nostalgia factor.

• @Falanca said: Man, do you know what was good in the good ol' classic games? The ability to CHOOSE ANY LEVEL YOU WANT TO START FROM, once you beat the level you want to choose. It can be coded easily, just have one checkpoint save file for your most farthest point in the game, and one more to handle restarting the level after deaths while playing the earlier levels.

Wait, do you mean good ol' Duke Nukem games, or good ol' games in general? Because, in general, that's not even old! Valve still does this in their games, and most games have a 'replay mission' option. I haven't played DNF yet, but are you saying that it can't do even that?!

• @tredlow said: Wait, do you mean good ol' Duke Nukem games, or good ol' games in general?

Good ol' games in general, because some Duke games are just so ol' they didn't know of the luxury of level selection in vidya games.

• I think my brother wants to be just like duke nukem when he grows up.

• Some improvements are coming to DNF game in the form of a patch.
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2422571#post2422571

[quote]The development team has been hard at work combing through the feedback provided here and elsewhere, with updates based on this feedback currently in the works for all three platforms.

Among the changes coming to PC are a new expanded inventory option that allows you to carry up to four weapons in the single-player campaign, Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support, push-to-talk voice chat, the ability to adjust FOV plus other fixes and improvements that are still being tested.

We’ll be sharing more details about the updates, including those coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as they’re finalized. Thanks again for your support![/quote]

I hope one of the improvements is a multi-game save system. Even if it's still check-point based this game needs multiple game slots.

• Too bad it was such a letdown. I guess we couldn't expect too much out of it though for all the hype.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Some improvements are coming to DNF game in the form of a patch.

The development team has been hard at work combing through the feedback provided here and elsewhere, with updates based on this feedback currently in the works for all three platforms.

Among the changes coming to PC are a new expanded inventory option that allows you to carry up to four weapons in the single-player campaign, Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support, push-to-talk voice chat, the ability to adjust FOV plus other fixes and improvements that are still being tested.

We’ll be sharing more details about the updates, including those coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as they’re finalized. Thanks again for your support!

I hope one of the improvements is a multi-game save system. Even if it's still check-point based this game needs multiple game slots.

About. God-damn. Time.

Seriously, of all the problems I had with the game, the two-weapon thing was the big one. Getting rid of that makes me very happy I just got the Balls of Steel edition!

• Some info on the new multiplayer DLC coming soon. It's full of a bunch of parodies of other games. Each new map comes with a special unique weapon. There are also new multiplayer modes. Some of the games it parodies are Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2 (with a map called 2Fort1Bridge), and others. The unique weapon for the TF2 parody map is a minigun which looks....fittingly unmistakably familiar. Also, First Access Club members who preordered the game get this DLC for free.

http://www.2kgames.com/blog/new-duke-nukem-forever-content-arriving-this-fall-come-play-at-2k-headquarters-august-4

twofortscreenshot1720.jpgtownscreenshot1720.jpg

Add Comment