28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Tales of Monkey Island on the Wii had the same 'modern' controls you say would be a bad idea, and it's the best control system of any Telltale game I've played. Using the Nunchuck to move the character and the Wiimote to point-and-click was very smooth and worked better than the mouse/keyboard or control pad scheme.

I concur

• Without causing another flame war, is there any news on the future of TellTale's Xbox publishing that was announced a few weeks ago? Do we know anything yet? I've had a good look through the forums and can't find anything :(

• Nothing official, no...but look enough and you'll find countless speculation and junior geniuses.

• I just really want tomi, poker night, and puzzle agent on my xbox :P

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

I wouldn't expect Poker Night or Puzzle Agent as they are smaller games and less recognized then full seasons I'm afraid, however if Telltale decides to port older seasons to Xbox than it would be reasonable to expect Monkey Island.

• As their new stature as "publisher", I would think, as long as it's profitable and worth their while, TTG could port or publish anything, right? even something developed by another company? Am I right?
    I do hope Puzzle Agent gets an appearance on the xbox, even if it's just as a bonus to a retail release, or as a downloadable indie game, or something.
    And TOMI, well they've said they've always intended it to go on the xbox, to match up with the other two MI games already present on the xbox :D

• Dear Telltale,

Five months ago now we heard of a publishing agreement with Microsoft to release more games on Xbox 360. I know that I got really excited at the prospect of playing all of Telltale's releases on Xbox, but since that initial announcement, we've pretty much been in the dark in regards to future Xbox releases, other than the announced release of Jurassic Park in November.

I think alot of us want to know, when (or if, but please when) can we expect to see other great Telltale games released on Xbox? I know I desperately want to play Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Tales of Monkey Island, and Strong Bad's CG4AP on my Xbox. I'm sure others are clamoring for new releases like Back to the Future and Hector.

I have to imagine that the cost of porting and publishing games on Xbox would be less than revenues generated by sales on a new platform, between demand from diehard Telltale fans and achievement hounds alike.

So Telltale, please give us some sort of update on when we might be able to expect more 360 games, and gamers, post here if you support more Xbox releases!

• Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island will not be able to go on Xbox Live Arcade, they would have to be a retail release, Microsoft's content policy gives them the right to automatically blacklist any content that was "Exclusive to Other Platforms". It's a bully tactic, but Microsoft are pretty much saying "if you don't go exclusive with us, we don't want to know!", since Tales was on Wii first and eventually on PS3, and Sam & Max was PS3 exclusive (only in regards to the consoles), Microsoft are not interested in those games appearing on their service.

• @Ash735 said: Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales of Monkey Island will not be able to go on Xbox Live Arcade, they would have to be a retail release, Microsoft's content policy gives them the right to automatically blacklist any content that was "Exclusive to Other Platforms". It's a bully tactic, but Microsoft are pretty much saying "if you don't go exclusive with us, we don't want to know!", since Tales was on Wii first and eventually on PS3, and Sam & Max was PS3 exclusive (only in regards to the consoles), Microsoft are not interested in those games appearing on their service.

Bummer, although I would welcome a retail release. You would think that Microsoft would be agreeable to having these older games released on Xbox, as it would ultimately generate more money, but what do I know.

Add Comment