User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.8K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Man I so want to have Who on DVD so I can go and watch Blink again like right now.

• @corruptbiggins said: Man I so want to have Who on DVD so I can go and watch Blink again like right now.

Just to make you jealous: This is the version I have. :p
    dvd-series2amazonexc.jpg

• Oh, Blink is in Series 2 now?

• @Ribs said: Oh, Blink is in Series 2 now?

Yes. In other news, I'm looking forward to the conclusion of series 5 in august.

My best explanation for such an error is that my brain had a typo. :p It does seem like it should be a series 2 episode though. Apart from Martha of course. :p

*edit*
    This made me laugh a bit. Not much mind.

*edit 2*
    The latest big finish podcast contains the DWM freebie eighth doctor audio play: Living legends. For your amusement. It's... not that great, but still worth a listen, I suppose.

• Region One is getting a huge-ass David Tennant Repackaging:

DoctorWho_CompleteTennant_e.jpg

I'll probably get it for Christmas or something and throw out those wretched specials.

• @Friar said:
    And by the looks of it, the eighth doctor novels are going through the roof too. Maybe I should start getting those...

Apparently, the BBC used to have a good portion of all the Wilderness Years novels on their website for free, but took it down a year or two ago. Enraged by this (I'm against things that aren't billed as limited time only being taken away for no real reason) I've seeked out these downloads from other sources. I'm not particularly interested in the EDAs right now (got enough of him on Audio as-is) but more for the Past Doctor Adventures, namely the 2nd and 3rd Doctor (Eight only features twice, once in a Multi-doctor with 4 and once by himself once the EDAs ended). But the place I found had all of series in one hting, so I guess I might get to them eventually.

Also; they've started doing eReprints of the EDAs and charging for them on Kindle store, or so I've heard.

So BBC America are doing a series of one hour 'The Best of Doctor Who' specials for some reason in the weeks leading up to the 27th. Most notably, Pete from 30 Rock is a commentator. :confused:

Also; there is a bar in NYC where the Bathroom has a TARDIS on the outside (so the inside of the TARDIS is the men's room) and they're doing a screening of the TV Movie soon. This sounds like the best bar, mainly because of the high Paul McGann content coming soon. (I really, really want to watch the Movie again, curse you Netflix! Curse you!!!)

So Amazon has Who on sale, including the Complete Lost in Time set for $17. Which means it's less than a dollar an episode. I refuse to watch any recons where I can buy the actual episode legally, so this'd certainly solve my problem. I think I'll pick it up with Paradise Towers next week (Because I have 2 from every Doctor except McCoy)

Why was Colin Baker afraid of Sylvestor McCoy? Because McCoy McGann'ed Eccleston! ahahaha!

• People are noticing the silver thing on her leg, what about the colour of her legs? Is that misscolouring or just some weird stockings?

• @Sausy Gibbon said: People are noticing the silver thing on her leg, what about the colour of her legs? Is that misscolouring or just some weird stockings?

In this picture? Definitely some kind of tights. Not even particularly odd ones, I'd say, although the overall color balance of that art does make them stand out a bit more.

• @Ribs said:
    Also; they've started doing eReprints of the EDAs and charging for them on Kindle store, or so I've heard.

Apparently, the BBC agreed with Lance Parkin, Kate Orman and Jon Blum to reprint some of their NAs and EDAs so long as there was no publicity whatsoever. I think most of Mr P's books have been dropped, though, and for some reason Amazon is slowly claiming the rest have gone for a burton as well. But the Dr Who Reprint Society, who campaigned for this kind of thing, have said that the publishers (Ebury) have said it's an error by Amazon, and the books should start coming out at the end of August. Also on Kindle.

Add Comment