User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A few places seem to be dropping the price of the 3DS early. As much as I'd like to drop in between early adopters and the NES game deadline at the $170 price point, I'm finding myself drawing a blank when coming up with reasons to own this thing.

  • @Rather Dashing said: A few places seem to be dropping the price of the 3DS early. As much as I'd like to drop in between early adopters and the NES game deadline at the $170 price point, I'm finding myself drawing a blank when coming up with reasons to own this thing.

    I would say good first party games, but I dont think you are a huge fan of nintendos first party games.

  • There's not even any decent first party games out right now, other than Ocarina of Time and Star Fox. Even at $170, this thing is not worth picking up for Steel Diver or Pilotwings.

  • Ahem!

    I would like to argue that Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Or Alive Dimensions are also good games!

    (If you like fighting games, which I do. Very much so)

    Plus if you didn't have a DSi, then its pretty cool to have a 3DS and buy DSiWare for it.

    Still am disappointed in the lack of titles though.

    I'd probably suggest buying it next year, as hopefully some more good titles will be be on there.

    If the 3DS gets as much RPGs as the DS did, then it should do fine.

  • If you can get the 3DS for 170 and get the 20 free games, I'd say go for it, since at least the upcoming first party games are going to be cool. A lot of waiting in the meantime, though.

    @DAISHI said: I want to get my hands on it but there's a good chance the music will be available freely within a month. I kind of want the poster and packaging though.

    The music has (by and large) been available freely for years. This is the same soundtrack that came out when the N64 version was on store shelves, plus one bonus track. Pretty sure, anyway.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: There's not even any decent first party games out right now, other than Ocarina of Time and Star Fox. Even at $170, this thing is not worth picking up for Steel Diver or Pilotwings.

    True, but the future shows games that I'm interested in. Sadly, these games are not titles everybody is interested in.
    Im waiting for
    Mario Kart 7
    Kingdom Hearts DDD
    Super Mario 3d land(cautious on this one though)
    Resident Evil Revations
    Luigi's Mansion
    Kid Icarus Uprising
    Smash Bros(which isnt even in production yet)

    So for me it seems pretty good, sadly not everyone shares my opinion, and the 3ds' future doesnt look too bright in sales.

  • I'm also looking forward to most of those, but games I want in the future don't justify a system purchase today.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: I'm also looking forward to most of those, but games I want in the future don't justify a system purchase today.

    True, but the fact that any further price reductions are unlikely anytime soon, and the added bonus of the freebie stuff, It's certainly worth considering.

    Plus, Rayman 3D is pretty decent. Moreso if you haven't played the other rayman 2 ports. The only reason it scores low on metacritic and the like is because it's had very little added/changed.

  • I also don't have $170, so there's that too. But even if I did, I'd be more likely to put the money toward the PS3 I've been wanting.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: I'm also looking forward to most of those, but games I want in the future don't justify a system purchase today.

    Good point.

    @GuruGuru214 said: I also don't have $170, so there's that too. But even if I did, I'd be more likely to put the money toward the PS3 I've been wanting.

    Even better point.

Add Comment