User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 9.7K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: If you can get the 3DS for 170 and get the 20 free games, I'd say go for it, since at least the upcoming first party games are going to be cool. A lot of waiting in the meantime, though.

The music has (by and large) been available freely for years. This is the same soundtrack that came out when the N64 version was on store shelves, plus one bonus track. Pretty sure, anyway.

Ok I need some clarification. I thought this CD had like, 50 tracks on it or something. The Zelda: Ocarina of Time soundtrack I currently have has like 13 orchestrated tracks.

• OOT is the only thing urging me to buy this. Heck, I'm buying the game even if I never get a 3DS. I have to complete my collection.

• @DAISHI said: Ok I need some clarification. I thought this CD had like, 50 tracks on it or something. The Zelda: Ocarina of Time soundtrack I currently have has like 13 orchestrated tracks.

I haven't opened mine (i'll be flogging it on someday) but it only comes on one disc, either the tracks are all super short or there's only the 13/14 or whatever.

No track listing on the back i'm afraid.

• Club Nintendo America is running an extremely time-sensitive offer for early buyers of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. If you register your copy of the game by midnight Pacific time tonight (June 20, 2011), you’ll receive a free soundtrack CD in about 2-4 weeks.

What’s so impressive about a soundtrack CD for a 13-year-old game? Take a look at the features:

50 tracks from the game, many never before released
    1 fully orchestrated medley specially recorded for the soundtrack
    Liner notes include new character illustrations created for the Nintendo 3DS release, and a special message from Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Kondo

That’s quite a nice little bonus, especially at the price of FREE! You’d better hurry up if you want it – the offer ends at midnight PDT tonight!! If you live in the USA or Canada register your game here for your free soundtrack.

http://gameswag.com/2011/06/did-you-buy-ocarina-of-time-3d-register-it-for-a-free-soundtrack-cd/

• @DAISHI said: Club Nintendo America is running an extremely time-sensitive offer for early buyers of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. If you register your copy of the game by midnight Pacific time tonight (June 20, 2011), you’ll receive a free soundtrack CD in about 2-4 weeks.

What’s so impressive about a soundtrack CD for a 13-year-old game? Take a look at the features:

50 tracks from the game, many never before released
    1 fully orchestrated medley specially recorded for the soundtrack
    Liner notes include new character illustrations created for the Nintendo 3DS release, and a special message from Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Kondo

That’s quite a nice little bonus, especially at the price of FREE! You’d better hurry up if you want it – the offer ends at midnight PDT tonight!! If you live in the USA or Canada register your game here for your free soundtrack.

http://gameswag.com/2011/06/did-you-buy-ocarina-of-time-3d-register-it-for-a-free-soundtrack-cd/

Oh sweet, it has the 50! Wanna buy a soundtrack then?

• Figured out the album I am in possession of:
    http://www.soundtrackcentral.com/pics-large/legendzeldaoot_hyrulesymphony.jpg

legendzeldaoot_hyrulesymphony.jpg
    Title
    Kokiri Forest
    Hyrule Field
    Hyrule Castle
    Lon Lon Ranch
    Kakariko Village
    Death Mountain
    Zora's Domain
    Gerudo Valley
    Ganondorf
    Princess Zelda
    Ocarina Medley
    The Legend Of Zelda Medley

• Hyrule Symphony was an orchestrated recording, not the original soundtrack I was thinking of. Though it seems like the soundtrack I was thinking of only has 35 tracks, there were apparently a variety of CDs released in Japan, apparently including an OST set with 82 tracks (though this included sound effects and jingles as well). So uh, I guess my point is that all these songs are already floating around the internet if you want them, but obviously there's some logic in wanting to own a legit copy with a nice box. There's not much to the booklet but what's there is pretty, anyway

• Yeah I'm not such a completionist that I want the one with jingles :)

• Oh but they make for such lovely text message sounds on one's phone

Add Comment