User Avatar Image

Final Fantasy VII

posted by Darkblader on - last edited - Viewed by 991 users

Somebody I know told me that Cloud's girlfriend was Aerith, although I doubt that. Does anyone know who it is? I dont want to start any trouble. I'm not a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, but can somebody answer this for me?

Edit: I should have been more clearer, I didnt sound like I was. I should have asked who is clouds girlfriend.

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cloud loves Barret.

You can get them to hook up during the Gold Saucer date, if you meet some very stringent prior requirements.

Cloud and Barret, sitting in a tree...

• @Rawr said: There's a novel?

A collection of short stories published as a book. And I was wrong - Aeris and Zack do 'hook up', as it were, in the movie.

• @LuigiHann said: If a crossword puzzle clue was "Cloud's girlfriend from FF7," I'd probably try "Aerith" first

Without counting the number of squares or trying any intersecting words? That's just bad crossword playing on your part.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Rather Dashing said: Without counting the number of squares or trying any intersecting words? That's just bad crossword playing on your part.

"Try" probably means checking if it fits. That implies counting the number of squares and checking intersecting letters. Do you count the number of squares without a specific word in mind? In that case, I'd find Han's crossword play superior to yours. ;)

BTW... I'd expect this word to have four letters. BECAUSE I already have a name in mind. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: "Try" probably means checking if it fits.

Exactly what I meant. Not like I'm going to start writing letters down without counting the number of boxes first. Even in pencil that would be senseless

But yeah, the number or boxes would narrow this down pretty quick

• This is just some confusing fan boy nonsense, in my honest opinion. I think people just went bat shit crazy with this story line and its characters. Cloud and Aeris, there is some romance, and there is a hint of some sort of romantic back ground, but over all I think he loves her as a sister or something that he looks after and she looks after him. I don't see any real indication of a sexual thing going on.

It's more romantic in the way of heroism and all of that.

• @Davies said: Cloud loves Barret.

You can get them to hook up during the Gold Saucer date, if you meet some very stringent prior requirements.

Cloud and Barret, sitting in a tree...

I hope Cloud likes dark chocolate!

• @lattsam said: I hope Cloud likes dark chocolate!

Not cool dude, not cool at all.

• Guys knock it off, I asked a question and all I get is stupidity from you fools. This is why I never played the FF series. Because its forever f**ed thats why.

• @Darkblader said: Guys knock it off, I asked a question and all I get is stupidity from you fools. This is why I never played the FF series. Because its forever f**ed thats why.

While there's a bit of joking around in the later portion of this thread, the first page has some pretty complete answers to your question, particularly from Darth Marsden and Chyron8472 (though the main, real answer is apparently "nobody"). After all possible answers had been given, it's not surprising that the thread took a less serious direction. Not much more to be said.

I don't see what you mean by the FF series being "forever F**ed" either. It's pretty common in dramatic games with a large cast of characters that the main character won't be paired with anybody in particular, but a lot of potential relationships will be hinted at. If you asked who Link's girlfriend is in the Zelda series, you'd get an equally complicated "nobody" answer.

Add Comment