User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Magic Emperor said: Thanks, but no, thanks. I'd rather not see a remake.

This.

• Remakes are a dumb idea most of the time. This is one of those times.

• @Orange Intercouse on Jul-25-2011 said:

11 days ago, the Facebook page had 151 fans.

Now it has 236 fans. Awesome.

14 days since the above quote: The Facebook page has 400 fans now

• Please DONT REMAKE THIS. Leave Jurassic Park alone, how many bloody times has Hollywood made remakes of movies and failed? I don't think its best if we give Jurassic Park the Hollywood Remake treatment.

I swear to god if Universal actually REMAKES Jurassic Park, I'll go on a rampage.

• TO put in another opinon. There have been several remakes that I think weren't bad. It's just that people really like the original and just can't seem to enjoy the remakes no mater what they do.

I personally thought that the Nightmare on Elm Street remake was very enjoyable. I really liked it. I think it followed the original while making enougth changes to the story and updating the special effects to make it a worth while remake. Its a good movie. People just hate it because it's not the original.

But anyway. I still wouldn't mind a Jurassic Park reboot. I just want to see a closer adaptaion of the Novel, that's all.

• A Jurassic Park remake... I'll pass on that but to each their own, if Universal thinks they can make money on remaking the JP movies then there isnt much thats going to stop them (short of going out of business)

• if they were to indeed make a reboot they should have the visitor center like this.....movie-art-illustration-jurassic-park-vis

• @SeanJP said: if they were to indeed make a reboot they should have the visitor center like this.....movie-art-illustration-jurassic-park-vis

Awesome artwork, it looked good on the DVD too.

However, I don't want a remake, maybe 15-20 years from now, otherwise I don't see much of a point, for me it'd be like remaking Star Wars or Alien with new actors and everything. I'd still watch it, but I completely agree with jurassicraptor.

• @MasCot said: Awesome artwork, it looked good on the DVD too.

However, I don't want a remake, maybe 15-20 years from now, otherwise I don't see much of a point, for me it'd be like remaking Star Wars or Alien with new actors and everything. I'd still watch it, but I completely agree with jurassicraptor.

Exactly. I would like a remake, but not now, I mean maybe 20 or 30 years from now and one that is more closely adapted to the novel. But I don't get why people want to remake something just so we can get better picture and graphics.... respect the story and have a decent reason why the jurassic series should be remade.

• I would like a remake, maybe , BUT, I would want remake to be NOVEL accurate, not some crappy remake of the first movie.

Like the feeling you get from watching the Peter Jackson version of King Kong. I want something that clearly defines itself, and sets itself apart from being just a simple "Remake" of a classic, and being it's own incredible cinematic journey to Isla Nublar.

If they were to be Novel accurate, even if it is a 3 1/2 hour movie, I think it would be a proper "remake".

Add Comment