User Avatar Image

What do you guys think about Ocremix?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 327 users

I looked for a topic of this, but there was none to be found on here. Now I can assume that some of you are familiar with Ocremix if your not. Your going to have to look it up. I enjoy some of the songs that they released. In fact they even made a couple of remixes of the Monkey Island series.

Favorite songs from these guys anyone? I'll post mine after I do some thinking.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Some tracks turn out to be very good. Other times they just make Zelda techno-rave remix bullshit.

My personal faves are Sonic 3 & Knuckles album and the two Monkey Island remixes they made.

• Dark Side Of Phobos is awesome.

• It's a big ol' mixed bag of crap and awesomeness, both nearly equal in amounts.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

I've been downloadng mp3s from OCRemix for oh, a decade now I guess? It's definitely hit or miss, but I tend to only download songs from video games I've played so I'm missing a large portion of stuff :p

• My Albums from there (think this is the majority of releases)

MYTH - The Xenogears Orchestral Album
    Bad Dudes Jingle All the Way; Chronotorious
    Blood on the Asphalt
    Sonata of the Damned
    Cave Story
    Chrono Symphonic
    DKC 2 - Serious Monkey Business
    Doom 2 - Delta Q
    Zelda - Essence of Lime
    Final Fantasy IV - Essence of Betrayal
    Heroes vs Villains
    Kong in Concert
    Link's Awakening - Threshold of a Dream
    Megaman - The Robot Museum
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Pokemon - The MissingNo Tracks
    Radical Dreamers - Thieves of Fate
    Relics of the Chozo
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Project Chaos
    Sonic 2 - Hedgehog Heaven
    The Dark Side of Phobos
    Xenogears - Humans + Gears

• The only thing I was extremely disappointed about with Project Chaos was the Ice Cap remix which was just classical piano. Totally was wanting something epic out of that. I guess because everyone and their dog remixes Ice Cap that they thought going a different route would be the best idea. Well screw that! I don't care how well it was played! It was boring! And nothing on the Project Chaos album should have been boring! :p

• Yup but as a whole I thought that album was one of the best.

the FFIV one can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned though.

• Heh. I was asked if I wanted to do a remix on the FF4 album but I declined because I don't know the games that well. Thought it would be safer in more knowledgeable hands...guess not.

Also, a whole bunch of fans recently got together for Metroid's 25th anniversary and recorded a 2-disc remix album in celebration. It's not on OCR but was rather put together by Shinesparkers, but a lot of the big names from OCR are there like Mazedude and even Stemage of Metroid Metal made an entry. It kicks Relics of the Chozo's behind in oh so many ways.

Harmony of a Hunter (Video Preview)

M25_PosterExpended_SM.jpg

• That one is on the "New Albums" list on OCR. They don't have a link, had to go to the site to get it. It's one of three new ones I got today but haven't had a chance to listen to it. Looks awesome!

Add Comment