User Avatar Image

Any Losties out there?

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 828 users

Am I the only Lost fan on this forum? I'm just wondering, does anyone else like Lost?

156 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mathman77 said: I have no idea what that means. Next time I see something classic involving sled, I'll consider it spoiled. :rolleyes:

Better hope Dashing doesn't see this...:eek:

• God damn, Ribs consistently speaks the truth. Go Ribs, I love you.

• For me, the show really went downhill when we stopped getting constant:

waaaaaalt.jpgs.

That's actually not true, I just can't talk about Lost or see anyone else talking about Lost without wanting to let out a hearty WAAAAAAAAALT!

• I loved Lost. I plan to watch it all again at some point, probably when I get the box set. One thing I didn't do much of when it was on was read and listen to interviews from the writers and such but recently I've listened to a few podcasts which had Damon Lindelof on as a guest and in them he talked a little about Lost. Was interesting hearing the reason for some decisions regarding some characters such as Walt and Mr Eko. Of course I'm sure this is all old news but like I said I didn't look into this kind of stuff when watching the show originally.

• Well, the show, until around the end of Season 3, progressed merely 90-or-so days whilst Walt aged 3 years. It was just logical to write him out.

Mr. Eko's actor guy wanted to leave, so they wrote him out. When he wanted to get back for the finale, they wrote a bit for him, and then he accepted so long as tehy pay him the same as the regulars (it was apparently similar to Ana Lucia and just a significant cameo), so they said no.

• Well yeah I know now but I was just saying that at the time I didn't nor did I particularly care. Or whatever, it's not important anyway.

• @Ribs said: Well, the show, until around the end of Season 3, progressed merely 90-or-so days whilst Walt aged 3 years. It was just logical to write him out.

Mr. Eko's actor guy wanted to leave, so they wrote him out. When he wanted to get back for the finale, they wrote a bit for him, and then he accepted so long as tehy pay him the same as the regulars (it was apparently similar to Ana Lucia and just a significant cameo), so they said no.

I understand the reason they wrote Walt out of the show. My only issue is that he was supposed to be so important and special to the Others, and then it was never resolved. Write him out of it, fine, but at least explain the reason behind the climactic season 1 finale and Michael's whole season 2 arc. They even brought him back again for the little post-Season 6 DVD extra and didn't cover it. Argh.

Mr. Eko's removal sucked as well given that just one or two episodes earlier, it was a big deal that Locke saved him. But, what can you do in that situation? At least there weren't any huge unresolved Mr. Eko issues that I'd still be complaining about years later.

• God, speak for yourself, I'm desperate to know what the deal was with Charlotte Malkin!

• @Ribs said: God, speak for yourself, I'm desperate to know what the deal was with Charlotte Malkin!

Crap. I forgot about that.

I would have loved to know more about that psychic guy, too. Goddamnit, Lost!

• @Ribs said: Do you seriously not know what ends with the revelation it was the sled? Oh, I envy you. You probably don't know how The Usual Suspects ends either.

Seriously, don't know about anything en Iding with a sled. Thankfully, know how The Usual Supects ends, so I guess get to keep a little dignity in this thread. I do know some shocking movie revelations :D

Add Comment