User Avatar Image

What do you guys think about Ocremix?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 288 users

I looked for a topic of this, but there was none to be found on here. Now I can assume that some of you are familiar with Ocremix if your not. Your going to have to look it up. I enjoy some of the songs that they released. In fact they even made a couple of remixes of the Monkey Island series.

Favorite songs from these guys anyone? I'll post mine after I do some thinking.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: The only thing I was extremely disappointed about with Project Chaos was the Ice Cap remix which was just classical piano. Totally was wanting something epic out of that. :p

It's my second most favorite in the whole thing. It was pretty epic, if a little too fast and hasty for a piano solo -but I guess it would be pretty BORING if it was like another piano solo because it's videogames I guess. Much more epic than some rave upbeat techno shizmissile, which is like the majority of OCRemix's music library, if you ask me.

The one track made me extremely dissappointed was the one for Final Boss. Its intro is like... "get'em glowsticks ready and hit the beerbong". Whatever. It's a much more kickass theme than that.

• I wasn't asking for a rave upbeat techno shizmissile version. There's enough versions of that particular song in that style on OCR let alone other songs. But the piano was just...not what I was expecting. I mean, I dig the talent and appreciate it but piano-only music has always bored me.

Also, they did Lava Reef in the exact same style.

Another great song on Harmony of a Hunter is "Into the Green World".

• Into the Green World is definitely awesome.

Oh and about piano... I played it for 25 years so I'm always a sucker for it :)

• @MusicallyInspired said: I wasn't asking for a rave upbeat techno shizmissile version. There's enough versions of that particular song in that style on OCR let alone other songs. But the piano was just...not what I was expecting. I mean, I dig the talent and appreciate it but piano-only music has always bored me.

I wasn't truly referring to what you claim you wanted to see. It was more like a nod to all the people commenting below such remixes with generally positive responses.

• Sadly true.

I think the most underwhelming track on Harmony of a Hunter so far is the remix of NES Brinstar. It's predictable and sonuds just ilke everything else. Still decent, but could have been better. Got to represent everything I guess. NES Brinstar isn't my favourite theme anyway. And at least we have the far better remix of Tallon Overworld 1 from Prime.

• "Caves of Brinstar" (Brinstar, Metroid) is a track I heard 15 seconds of and immediately passed by.

• I thought it was okay when the track got into the actual game music. The rest of the time I was bored. It takes a minute and a half for the song to lead into the actual Brinstar theme.

• One thing I've enjoyed about Harmony of a Hunter is that they've made Metroid Prime (I, II and III) songs listenable to me. There were always tracks I enjoyed but the songs were usually too synthy. Now I enjoy them much more. Path of Ruin is a great example of this.

• I liked quite a few tracks from the Primes. Mostly from the first one. The second had some good tunes, the third had very few. These remixes really brought the best of them out, though.

And yeah, Caves of Brinstar was what I was referring to earlier. Not the greatest track ever. I was actually more intrigued by the intro and let-down once the actual song came in. It's just really predictable.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I liked quite a few tracks from the Primes. Mostly from the first one. The second had some good tunes, the third had very few. These remixes really brought the best of them out, though.

And yeah, Caves of Brinstar was what I was referring to earlier. Not the greatest track ever. I was actually more intrigued by the intro and let-down once the actual song came in. It's just really predictable.

On a technical level I appreciated them I suppose. The songs always just had that midi touch that I am not a fan of. Although off the top of my head, the title screen from Prime I, Chozo Ruins, Parasite Queen, Tallon Overworld, Phendrana Drifts, Crashed Frigate, Underwater Core all come to mind, Samus vs Metroid Prime all come to mind as songs I enjoyed.

Add Comment