User Avatar Image

Video Game Music

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I've got a pretty mammoth collection of game music. I'll post my list here. Do you have a list of game music?

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like a lot of the soundtracks peeps have listed here 'PPPPPP' gets a special shout out for being so damn boisterous.

One of my favourites is Broken Sword's soundtrack. Fully orchestrated soundtracks are still seldom found in games today, to have one so evocative and lush in 1996 to me is really really special. Honestly, I could bore evryone to death about the different tracks in the song and how well structured, layered, paced and performed, but the music speaks for itself

• I have the BS soundtrack. I just dislike some of the track lengths.

• @DAISHI said: I have the BS soundtrack. I just dislike some of the track lengths.

Aye, the OST version of the Irish jig goes on a bit in particular. In the game though set to their intended backgrounds they all work marvellously.

Conversely I own one game soundtrack on disc, and it's the Zelda one I intend to flog. Game OST's aren't a big thing for me bar a few scattered MP3's, I like having the gameplay and music together for the most part, even if it's really really accomplished. I love the Grim Fandango score (hell I wrote a song about Rubacava inspired by the score, which nobody will ever hear) but i'm in no rush to get it on disc. It's odd

• Yeah everyone's got their own listening style. I use a lot of soundtracks to evoke emotion when I'm writing so I have a larger collection of soundtracks than anything else.

• @DAISHI said: Yeah everyone's got their own listening style. I use a lot of soundtracks to evoke emotion when I'm writing so I have a larger collection of soundtracks than anything else.

I do very much the same. But not while I'm writing because even wordless music sends me off into interesting daydreams and I can never focus on writing stuff. But it's great for doing math or physics. Occasionally biology as well.

• Oooh yeah soundtracks got me all the way through my masters program :)

• The only game whose soundtrack I felt compelled to buy is Alan Wake. I just loved it in the game and just as much outside of it.

Also, I've been listening to a related podcast recently, called The Legacy Music Hour and all it is about is two guys listening to, commenting on and talking about video game music from the 8 & 16 bit eras.

• I didn't want to make a new thread. So I did a search. I love the sound track from the game Gray Matter. It's so beautiful.

• I forgot this thread existed

My soundtrack list is as follows

Those soundtracks what were for the Humble Bundle games
    Rise of the Triad. And I will play God Rest Ye Deadly Gentlemen on Christmas.

• @hangingwithmonkeys said: I didn't want to make a new thread. So I did a search.

This makes you a rarity among forum members, and I thank you for it.

Add Comment