User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My guess is that we will not see anything until Jurassic Park and Walking Dead are completely released. I hope sooner, but doubt it.

• I still don't really understand why they announced it so early. Every other franchise they've announced has had SOME kind of attention given to it over the course of this year. Even Fable had a book signing thing or whatever at a Telltale booth somewhere, didn't they? Nothing on KQ beyond "we talked to Roberta". We had to find out from Mandel that they even talked to him, they didn't say it themselves. They're either not caring or they're being extremely cautious of fan reactions to news. Either way, it'd be nice to hear something other than it exists and we'll get more information as time goes on.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I still don't really understand why they announced it so early. Every other franchise they've announced has had SOME kind of attention given to it over the course of this year. Even Fable had a book signing thing or whatever at a Telltale booth somewhere, didn't they? Nothing on KQ beyond "we talked to Roberta". We had to find out from Mandel that they even talked to him, they didn't say it themselves. They're either not caring or they're being extremely cautious of fan reactions to news. Either way, it'd be nice to hear something other than it exists and we'll get more information as time goes on.

I think that it was worth announcing that they got rights to make a King's Quest game, it certainly made me happy. Game is probably still in it's early stages, so I don't know why they should tell more about it. I'm certain that once they have finished other games and when KQ is closer to release they will tell us more about it.

• I for one would like to see some concept art :p

• Probably not until 2012.

It's important to remember that Telltale stays pretty quiet about their games until they're really close to release. Hell, The Walking Dead is just a few months away and we've barely heard anything.

We probably won't hear anything about King's Quest until The Walking Dead finishes at the earliest.

• Didn't The Walking Dead have a couple whole Telltale panels at various cons in the past few months?

• @Blackthorne519 said: I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

First, Telltale spells their company name with neither a hyphen nor a space.

Second, not for at least a year I'd expect. Well... perhaps we could hear something about it at next year's E3, but don't get your hopes up.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Didn't The Walking Dead have a couple whole Telltale panels at various cons in the past few months?

Yes and no. The Walking Dead was technically featured at E3 and SDCC, but all we really got out of it is...

-Some concept art.
    -A single screenshot.
    -Being told about two of the new characters, Lee and Clementine.
    -That the player's choices in early episodes will affect the outcome of the later ones.
    -What might be music from the game's soundtrack.

Not a whole lot seeing how the game was announced months ago. We still haven't seen the game in action, or even been told how it'll play. (We know it's not going to be a conventional Sam and Max-style point-and-click.)

• Concept art is something. A screenshot is everything! That's complete in-game material! It's a far cry from what King's Quest is getting.

• Which is nothing at all so far.

Again, TTG has enough projects that I'm not sure they'll get around to announcing anything about this for quite a while. Especially given that it was the last project on their list of upcoming games when it was first announced. Not that they have to start or finish each project in the exact order as on that list, but it certainly could be an indication of how long they may take before doing anything with the game.

Add Comment