User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep. 5 OUTATIME Discussion & BTTF Game Review

posted by MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian on - last edited - Viewed by 10.4K users

Well ya post stuff. Be all cool and smart and able to think through multiple time spectrum things in order to disprove other peoples theories. Ya...

433 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Please make some thing for the glass house walls !! We can not make anything in there. Whatever it is, it will result for it !!

Maybe i have use some wrong words in my sentence. I am sorry about that. I don't know english for perfectly !!

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@06farukbaba06 said: Please make some thing for the glass house walls !! We can not make anything in there. Whatever it is, it will result for it !!

Maybe i have use some wrong words in my sentence. I am sorry about that. I don't know english for perfectly !!

If you bought the game from Telltale's store, just download the installer again. The updated version will allow you to play from one of your existing saved games without getting the bug.

If you want (or need) to restart/replay the version you have but avoid the glasshouse bug, DON'T go into the glasshouse until after you talk to the diver and see the cutscene of Emmett and First Citizen Brown inside.

If you want to continue with your current installed version but don't want to replay, there is a saved game available in this thread (which I see you've already found).

Hope one of those options is what you were after.

• Overall it was ok, it had some things that made no sense but at the same time it was intresting. It was also slow paced and I got sick of spending the whole series in 1931.

People say the ending was funny and some say it's stupid, Im halfway it was funny and quite epic but of course how the hell did marty look at his older/younger self without a paradox happening and also the other problem in that cut scene is when you look down the street there are no shops but in the film there was loads of them.

And finnaly I always rant on about this but... Graphics!!! Telltale said themselves at the begging they could of gone with a more realistic approch but decided to go with cartoons... bad choice, back to the future is realistic and it is not a cartoon why should the game be any diffrent??!!!

I also agree with this review (its only reviewing episode 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcO9Xs4XxY

See you in the future

• I think part of the current consensus on the street of Doc's house not being the same is that Doc was probably considered an outcast in his old timeline because his dad turned against him. Powerful man says that the scientific enterprises of Emmett Lathrop Brown are dangerous and disasters waiting to happen, people start listening. I think that after the Brown mansion burned down, a lot of people probably moved out of that neighborhood, thinking Emmett did something far too dangerous and wanting to get away from it, so the city rezoned part of the neighborhood as business and let Doc keep his land(albeit grudgingly if the attitude behind the estate sale in 1986 was any indication). In the new timeline, Judge Brown supported his son's scientific pursuits, so he was probably more accepted by the community. So, now Doc has neighbors.

That's what I decided to take from it anyways.

Though the real answer is that it's probably cost prohibitive to build an entire street for one scene when you can just drop Doc's garage into the "same" neighborhood as the McFly house.

• Also in the first episode I think George mentions to marty that the whole point of the bank selling off Browns estate was because a request was put in by city to use his land for a new parking garage (he says this just before being distracted by the Jules Verne books). Of course this wouldnt happen in the middle of a suburban street so telltale had obviously made that part of the storyline.Where as well as Doc coming home from 1931 and just having a jumble sale its kind of like a quiet victory against the bank in the old timeline by showing how Docs life had changed to the point were he was no longer isolated and alone while exploring science, he now has a family legacy, friends (marty, george, enda :S) as well as his original family and bitchin time train.

So yeah the delorean pulling out into a residential street was meant to show how the timeline had changed for the better in that respect.

The Marty situation certainly suprised me. I think what we see as soon as the 1st Instance of Future Marty mentions whats wrong with the future another appears that was the consequence of that meeting and so on with the third. This is what the Martys mean when they respond to doc saying the space time continuum is already tearing itself apart. The neat trick they pulled at the end was that even though we've seen things through Martys eyes other stuff has happened in the background that would have been something like; Timeline A-- Marty and Doc get home, Future Marty 1 comes and takes them to the future. Timeline B -- Marty and Doc get home, Future Marty 1 comes but Future Marty 2 intervenes - however this plays out they all go back to the future. Timeline C -- The outcome of the previous then causes the scene we see at the end of episode 5. Doc has always feared this kind of paradox but due to having lived his youth being manipulated by Citizen Brown, Marty and Edna he has the solution - tell marty that he is the only one that is real, regardless of his choices he is the present so his future is his own to make.

• ... not that I post much, and sorry if this is a repeat, but it seems to me that the three Martys are just a joke, poking fun at different movies.

1st Marty = "BTTF2 Ripoff" Marty

2nd Marty = "Tron Ripoff" Marty

3rd Marty = "Terminator Ripoff" Marty

----

I laughed out loud when I saw these, of course. But what I fear (say it isn't so) is that if the above is true, then the ending is meant to be "a joke" like the original movie, and there is no real plan to continue the series. :(

... I really hope that's not the case, though.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I think part of the current consensus on the street of Doc's house not being the same is that Doc was probably considered an outcast in his old timeline because his dad turned against him. Powerful man says that the scientific enterprises of Emmett Lathrop Brown are dangerous and disasters waiting to happen, people start listening. I think that after the Brown mansion burned down, a lot of people probably moved out of that neighborhood, thinking Emmett did something far too dangerous and wanting to get away from it, so the city rezoned part of the neighborhood as business and let Doc keep his land(albeit grudgingly if the attitude behind the estate sale in 1986 was any indication). In the new timeline, Judge Brown supported his son's scientific pursuits, so he was probably more accepted by the community. So, now Doc has neighbors.

That's what I decided to take from it anyways.

Though the real answer is that it's probably cost prohibitive to build an entire street for one scene when you can just drop Doc's garage into the "same" neighborhood as the McFly house.

Ok fair enough but you cant deny that wasnt telltales intentions, they accidently recycled lyon estates.... :P

• @yoman45135 said: Ok fair enough but you cant deny that wasnt telltales intentions, they accidently recycled lyon estates.... :P

Again, from a developer standpoint, they probably didn't have the money to create a brand-new street(since the street wasn't shown in Episode 1) for a single scene. It's the same reason we got Leech instead of Needles. Budgets suck. Nuff said.

• @Shadowknight1 said: The only thing Doc doesn't seem to remember is all the stuff that happened to Marty during his trip to 1931.

Actually doc doesnt remember being 'gone' for six months. He has the hoverboard and mentions it getting them out of jams before (which it does 3 times in the trilogy). Obviously for him to be with Clara and the kids, the 1885 adventure and second trip to 1955 had to have happened and since he has the hoverboard, 2015's trip happened.

What probably happens is due to having a healthier relationship with his father, Doc is more inclined to remain in his own timeline to uphold his legacy so at the end of part III he likely returns to 1985 and stays there or goes on time travels and then returns.

• My personal solution with regards to the situation with Doc is this-

We roughly have 3 Doc's in the context of the Game.

Original Doc: The one who's been through all the events of the movies. He never returned to 1986 and instead spent his time travelling in his train. On one trip, he discovers the duplicated Delorean in 2025, repairs it, and starts using it again. He goes to 1931, ends up being arrested as Carl Sagan, the speakeasy arsonist. His Delorean goes back to 1986 due to the auto-retrieval feature. Marty later comes back to save him and he goes through the events of Episodes 1 and 2, before he is erased because his younger self hooks up with Edna, creating the Citizen Brown timeline. This Doc doesn't remember meeting Marty in 1931 (a point which is clearly stated in Episode 2) and gained his inspiration from watching Frankenstien.

FCB Doc: This Doc is the older version of the young Emmett whose lived through the events of 1931 in Episodes 1 and 2 and who hooked up with Edna and later turned Hill Valley into a police state. He remembers meeting Marty in 1931. However, in the FCB timeline NONE of the events from the movies happened and this Doc doesn't know anything about time travel until 'our' Marty shows him the Delorean. He's the Doc whom we follow in Episodes 3, 4 and the early part of 5. He uses the Delorean of the Original Doc, which he repaired. Later, he is run over by Edna and fades from existence the moment young Emmett chooses to become a scientist free from Edna's influence, erasing his timeline.

New Doc: This Doc is the older version of the young Emmett who's lived through ALL the games 1931 events from all episodes. He remembers meeting Marty (as he had the newspaper clipping with him). He is largely the same as Original Doc in that he experianced the events of the movies; however, unlike Original Doc, he didn't gain inspiration from Frankenstien but instead was motivated by seeing lighting strike in Episode 4. He had a much better relationship with his father and so his estate is still intact in 1986 and he is a much more respected figure in Hill Valley. He, Clara and the family also live in Hill Valley. His Delorean is either the new timeline's version of the Delorean used by the previous 2 Doc's, or its an entirely new Delorean he constructed while in 1986. This Doc apparently never experianced the events of Episodes 1 and 2 and is surprised by Marty's presence in 1931. However, seeing as he remembers what happened at the Expo 55 years ago from his POV, he probably remembers 'Carl Sagan' and figures out that an alternate version of him was involved somehow.

Add Comment