User Avatar Image

Jp 4

posted by SeanJP on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Listen i know that there have been a whole lot of rumors about JP4 but i was reading up on it and jp legacy.org stated that Joe Johnston would start jp 4 after his movie "Captain America," and i just saw previews for it in theatres so i hope JP4 willstart production. The reason i started this form was so i could know what your thought was about JP4 and maybe your thoughts about what u want it to be about:D

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow i think it would be cool because Seriously Grant and Sattler's characters were never really touched on after the first movie and in the third Ellie didnt have a big part at all. I feel that the idea of everyone back on an island and trying to discover ingens secrets about creating dinosaurs that were never registered would be a good movie and there i rest my case

• BTW, what title would you guys give to the new movie?

There is the ever-returning title Extinction: Jurassic Park and one of the possible titles for JPIII was Breakout: Jurassic Park.

I'm all against Extinction, it'd be just cliché for me. I prefer Breakout and one of the titles I thought about is Creation: Jurassic Park after the failed Willis O'Brien dinosaur project before King Kong was made.

But my vote would go for Breakout.

Also, one of the people here suggested Jurassic Planet which I also kinda like.

• @MasCot said: BTW, what title would you guys give to the new movie?

There is the ever-returning title Extinction: Jurassic Park and one of the possible titles for JPIII was Breakout: Jurassic Park.

I'm all against Extinction, it'd be just cliché for me. I prefer Breakout and one of the titles I thought about is Creation: Jurassic Park after the failed Willis O'Brien dinosaur project before King Kong was made.

But my vote would go for Breakout.

Also, one of the people here suggested Jurassic Planet which I also kinda like.

Jurassic Park: Migration.

• It would most likely just be "Jurassic Park 4" or "Jurassic _____". If they're going to stop numbering them, they would probably stop calling it a "park" as well; that definition hasn't been relevant since the first movie anyway.

• Jurassic Park IV was announced by Steven Spielberg at Comic-Con 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

Don't pay attention to the synopsis in the link, just some bullcrap someone put together. A story has not been confirmed yet!

• For the record, this is going to be more in response to the topic than any particular post in this thread.

I would say that JP4 is VERY likely to happen at this point. Spielberg has said it's gonna happen and Johnston is done with his current projects. Other than that, there's not much else that we can speculate on with any real certainty. All we can do is talk about our ideas and hope to God that someone in Hollywood takes notice of what the fans want and respect. That being said, I've seen a ton of great ideas in this thread for what JP4 would be about that have got me thinking about what makes sense for both the JP4 and JPtG. I don't think the bombing of Isla Nublar will make it into the movie, but it would be a logical and fantastic end point for JPtG. As a fan of the book as well, even though they never spelled it out, I had always assumed that either InGen or the Costa Rican government destroyed the island after the incident. For the movie though, a sequel makes more sense to me. I liked the idea of having it be about Wu and the production of both Site A and B. There could have been an incident even before the first movie that InGen swept under the table so they could continue trying to make their money back, regardless of possible safety issues. The question is, how'd it happen? I'd put money on it Dodgson and BioSyn would've been involved, but that's basically part of the plot of the game anyways. What I'd really like to see in the movie is Dodgson actually on one of those islands trying to get Dino DNA. Of course as the main bad guy, he'd have have to die a poetically brutal death at the end, but that's the whole reason we want him there. Besides that I'm not to sure what I'd want. Just keep the feel of the franchise right. Try to keep the dinosaurs scientifically believable (except whats already been established in canon) and keep them on the islands, with lots of running and screaming and characters that you want to make it but the half don't (I was disappointed how JP3 didn't kill anybody important).

• all i am going to say is what a crock of shit imdb made up for the story line of jp4 who ever did that is a total asshole and should be shot!!! JK on the last part but seriously it is "One big pile of shit"

• @Elogotar said: For the record, this is going to be more in response to the topic than any particular post in this thread.

I would say that JP4 is VERY likely to happen at this point. Spielberg has said it's gonna happen and Johnston is done with his current projects. Other than that, there's not much else that we can speculate on with any real certainty. All we can do is talk about our ideas and hope to God that someone in Hollywood takes notice of what the fans want and respect. That being said, I've seen a ton of great ideas in this thread for what JP4 would be about that have got me thinking about what makes sense for both the JP4 and JPtG. I don't think the bombing of Isla Nublar will make it into the movie, but it would be a logical and fantastic end point for JPtG. As a fan of the book as well, even though they never spelled it out, I had always assumed that either InGen or the Costa Rican government destroyed the island after the incident. For the movie though, a sequel makes more sense to me. I liked the idea of having it be about Wu and the production of both Site A and B. There could have been an incident even before the first movie that InGen swept under the table so they could continue trying to make their money back, regardless of possible safety issues. The question is, how'd it happen? I'd put money on it Dodgson and BioSyn would've been involved, but that's basically part of the plot of the game anyways. What I'd really like to see in the movie is Dodgson actually on one of those islands trying to get Dino DNA. Of course as the main bad guy, he'd have have to die a poetically brutal death at the end, but that's the whole reason we want him there. Besides that I'm not to sure what I'd want. Just keep the feel of the franchise right. Try to keep the dinosaurs scientifically believable (except whats already been established in canon) and keep them on the islands, with lots of running and screaming and characters that you want to make it but the half don't (I was disappointed how JP3 didn't kill anybody important).

i agree, i kinda like the idea of nublar being intact after the incident as opposed to the bombing but a scene on site B of dinosaurs rampaging the labs during hurricane clarissa with scientists packing for evacuation would be rather epic

• yeah I'll bet my money on a prequel.

• I just want the velociraptors to look like they did in The Lost World and not like they did in JP3.

Add Comment