User Avatar Image

Telltale sign publishing deal with Nintendo

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 304 users

From http://www.chrisjonesgaming.net/telltale-games-signs-publishing-agreement-with-nintendo-of-america/ :
"Telltale Games has signed an agreement with Nintendo of America to publish games for the Wii."

More Wii games?
Personally I would be happier if they choosed to drop that old Wii console...
Wii limited very much the creative experience of Tales. Also, Wii isn't capable of extensive 3d graphic and it's not powerful.

Will TT compromise its graphics evolution to support such old piece of hardware?
I hope not.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @corruptbiggins said: It's a bit early for them to think about the Wii U. It's not as if these Wii games that they'll be releasing won't work on the Wii U and as there is already a market for their games on the Wii, it's a bit dickish to just ignore them for the next console which won't be here for at least a year.

It's definitely not too early. The Wii U's coming out next year, after all. Plenty of companies are already developing games for it (even if most of the stuff announced has just been ports so far). If Telltale's an official Nintendo publisher now, it'd be foolish of them to not start looking at the Wii U.

That being said, they definitely shouldn't ignore the Wii either. And since their first act as an official Nintendo publisher is bringing BttF to the Wii, it's clear they aren't.

• Ok, so my wording is a bit off. It's not too early to think about developing for the Wii U but it is probably too early to announce if they are or not, at least if they've not got anything officially sorted with Nintendo regarding it.

• They also signed a deal with Sony too. Unfortunately it doesn't affect me since it's the american branches only, but good news for NA.

• Ohhhh I want Monkey Island on the 3DS.. do it you know you wanna

• Telltale aren't done making games yet. Maybe we'll see King's Quest on the Wii U.

• @corruptbiggins said: It's a bit early for them to think about the Wii U. It's not as if these Wii games that they'll be releasing won't work on the Wii U and as there is already a market for their games on the Wii, it's a bit dickish to just ignore them for the next console which won't be here for at least a year.

Tell that to Nintendo of America and their refusal to release several Wii RPGs that were rated very highly in Japan and are already localized in English for the European release. Argh.

• @Scnew said: Tell that to Nintendo of America and their refusal to release several Wii RPGs that were rated very highly in Japan and are already localized in English for the European release. Argh.

Not really NoA's fault Scnew. Basically, those three games weren't on the docket when Reggie fils-Aime(NoA's CEO for those not in the know) went to the corp. HQ in Japan to decide what games to bring over. NoA only handles localizations and distribution. They don't really get to decide what to bring. That said, Reggie has said that NoA will be watching how the games fare in Europe. And since Xenoblade is having trouble keeping up with demand, that's a good sign.

• @Irishmile said: Ohhhh I want Monkey Island on the 3DS.. do it you know you wanna

Hell yeah! Monkey Island 3D is somthing I dream of! Aww the thumps down icon on the title is gone. :(

• @Scnew said: Tell that to Nintendo of America and their refusal to release several Wii RPGs that were rated very highly in Japan and are already localized in English for the European release. Argh.

You should just import honestly. It isn't that hard to get round region locking. I had to do it myself for Arc Rise Fantasia which didn't make it to Europe.

• @Rawr said: You should just import honestly. It isn't that hard to get round region locking. I had to do it myself for Arc Rise Fantasia which didn't make it to Europe.

Ugh...damn shame too, you'd have probably gotten a better localization. I couldn't even watch a full review of that game, the voices made my ears cry. :( I was so interested in it too...

Add Comment