User Avatar Image

Hector: Badge of Carnage on Steam

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 311 users

So, I just checked Steam, and to my utter surprise found that not only are the three episodes of Hector now available on Steam, but they're also on offer.

The weird thing is that Episode 2 of Hector doesn't seem to be out on Telltale's own site. Or is that just me?

Anyway. Anyone else excited? 'cause I am! Loved that first episode.

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Only 2 of the episodes are available (if I read the page correctly)

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @Darth Marsden said: So, I just checked Steam, and to my utter surprise found that not only are the three episodes of Hector now available on Steam, but they're also on offer.

    It's just the first two episodes that are available right now, but purchasing the season (or season upgrade, if you already own episode 1) gets you all 3 episodes - the two currently available, then the third when it comes out.

    @Darth Marsden said: The weird thing is that Episode 2 of Hector doesn't seem to be out on Telltale's own site. Or is that just me?

    It's available in the Telltale store now, but they haven't updated the blog yet.

    @Darth Marsden said: Anyway. Anyone else excited? 'cause I am! Loved that first episode.

    Ooh! Me! I am excited!! So glad it's Friday and I can stay up late tonight getting my geek on. :D

  • Say whaaaaa'! You think they'd update the blog or something to announce it!

    Hector! :)

  • Steam does say Episode 3 is out Sept 22nd, though.

    Is there any reason to buy through TTG? DVDs?

  • @Ribs said:
    Is there any reason to buy through TTG? DVDs?

    Giving TTG all of your moneys without Valve taking a cut?

    Then again, Valve is awesome too, and it's fun giving them moneys as well...

    Conundrum!

    EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot that this was a Straandlooper joint.

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    @JedExodus said: Say whaaaaa'! You think they'd update the blog or something to announce it!

    Many of their community-type people are pressing the flesh at PAX this weekend, but you'd hope the captive audience of blog and newsletter readers don't get forgotten!

    @JedExodus said: Is there any reason to buy through TTG? DVDs?

    I haven't seen anything about a free disc for this one. Since Telltale is not the main developer (that's Straandlooper), I wouldn't be surprised if they can't justify a free disc for Telltale store customers this time around. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

  • @puzzlebox said: It's just the first two episodes that are available right now, but purchasing the season (or season upgrade, if you already own episode 1) gets you all 3 episodes - the two currently available, then the third when it comes out.

    Yeah, worded that slightly awkwardly. In my defence, I was in a rush to get to work and just thought people should know they can get their Hector fix ASAP.

    @puzzlebox said: Is there any reason to buy through TTG? DVDs?

    The season upgrade is only $10, so if, like me, you bought Episode 1 during the 75% off sale earlier this year, it's actually cheaper for all three parts. I'd also guess they'll do a DVD of them at some point as well, but there's been no actual mention of it so far.

    EDIT: Forgot Telltale aren't developing this one. Thanks for reminding me puzzlebox. Could be there's no DVD this time, which'd be a shame, but understandable.

Add Comment