19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tbm1986 said: Wtf no Murray and no sword to complete the chapter? Was the original demo like that?

Use the cannon first, THEN pick up the ramrod and hook. It's a glitch.

• @Darth Marsden said: Use the cannon first, THEN pick up the ramrod and hook. It's a glitch.

Thank **** for that. Hey, that's a pretty easy glitch to find on a playthrough! Did the chap actually do that?

• I'm sure plenty of people have let him know about it!

UPDATE! Dude's added a new post saying that once he finishes the demo, he's done with the project. Which is... not unexpected. Shame, but at least he's upfront about it.

• he is more or less making just the demo because he doesn't want to start on the full game and then fake his death because he didn't want to finish it like that one guy who wanted to demake zelda 64

I am at least glad to see he is not promising anything, and not doing a project that everyone is excited about, and then gives up

• Yes, that is fair, but it's only a shame people give up on projects they felt strongly about. I respect what he wants to do, though. I understand the time thing and all of that.

• He could just say he doesn't want to do it all. If you keep it as a spare time project you can keep going indefinitely. Fangames don't have to have deadlines.

• @MusicallyInspired said: He could just say he doesn't want to do it all. If you keep it as a spare time project you can keep going indefinitely. Fangames don't have to have deadlines.

Or just release the sources and that.

Someone might pick it up and finish it.

At the very least people may be able to learn from it.

EDIT: Just read it. Egg on face.

But a happy egg on face! :D

• ya giving out the source code and stuff is a great idea on his part, that way someone could do it, I mean someone must be out there wanting to do a demake of it

• @redakdal said: ya giving out the source code and stuff is a great idea on his part, that way someone could do it, I mean someone must be out there wanting to do a demake of it

I would if I were any good at graphics and midi production.

Honestly, if I found a couple of willing artists (backgrounds and objects/people tend to be done separately, as they both tap into different talents) and couple of willing sound guys/girls (BGM and SE, by the same token), I'd happily do all the linking up, hotspots, paths, puzzle scripts, dialogue writing and whatever else in an engine. I know it'd take me a long time to do even the seemingly simplest of things but I'd do it. I'm happy to debug and paytest, too.

• @tbm1986 said: I would if I were any good at graphics and midi production.

Honestly, if I found a couple of willing artists (backgrounds and objects/people tend to be done separately, as they both tap into different talents) and couple of willing sound guys/girls (BGM and SE, by the same token), I'd happily do all the linking up, hotspots, paths, puzzle scripts, dialogue writing and whatever else in an engine. I know it'd take me a long time to do even the seemingly simplest of things but I'd do it. I'm happy to debug and paytest, too.

Well there is a good start, you just need to find more people on the same page as you are on, you don't have to do it all alone. Heck, I'm still waiting for FOA2 XD

Add Comment