User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 37.4K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I assume you did not get that one on steam...
    Where did you get it and why?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I listened to some of it on Youtube and loved it. And as an avid collector of VG music (the actual games they belong to were often only of secondary importance to me), I ordered the soundtrack here.

And yes, still no Steam for me. Instead, a physical CD of the soundtrack. Limited edition of 2500, probably sold out in a day or two... YAY!!!! :D

• @Vainamoinen said: Methinks the real problem is that so many kids actually DID like KotCS. Wow, that abbreviation is quite fitting in German, it's as close to Kotz as it gets. :D

It wasn't THAT bad.

• @StrongBrush1 said: It wasn't THAT bad.

oh please.

@Vainamoinen: That might take a long while until the CD arrives in Germany (my Super Meat Boy Cd took forever to arrive) But you get the digital version too but the download will expire after a while (several months!). Be sure to grab it while you can.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: oh please.

@Vainamoinen: That might take a long while until the CD arrives in Germany (my Super Meat Boy Cd took forever to arrive) But you get the digital version too but the download will expire after a while (several months!). Be sure to grab it while you can.

I'm listening to the digital variant RIGHT NOW, but thanks for the warning! ;)
    The OSTs are supposedly shipping around September 2nd, so I'll expect the arrival somewhere between September 15 and October 15... that should suffice.

I won't say much with respect to KotCS, but I can say that I left the cinema thoroughly depressed. I went in there almost determined to love the shit out of it, but my jaw did not only drop, but also wrap around my head with disbelief and disappointment during the movie.

• @Vainamoinen said: I won't say much with respect to KotCS, but I can say that I left the cinema thoroughly depressed. I went in there almost determined to love the shit out of it, but my jaw did not only drop, but also wrap around my head with disbelief and disappointment during the movie.

I bought it on DVD for <9€ without knowing anything about it. I just wanted to complete my collection and then I saw that piece of... *Ihavenonicewordsforit*.
    God was I disappointed.

Oh on the SMB-Score: It took 2 months to arrive (I ordered after it was released, no preorder) but others in Germany got it a few days earlier. And the day I finally asked the support where my CD was it was in the mail a few hours later. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I caught this movie in Leverkusen. In 2008, they had just demolished the old city hall there, and the theatre is directly adjacent. Let's just say the post-apocalyptic mood when I went home was perfect. ;)

...and all right, I'll give 'em till November. ;)

• Welp

I haven't seen any Indy films before, except for Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was pretty cheap anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I could consider it "something to complete the collection with", perhaps?

EDIT: And besides, I should watch it and get my own opinion anyway. Yeah, it's most likely really bad, at least compared to the first three films, but whatever. If I don't like it, I don't have to see all of it.

Add Comment