User Avatar Image

Making Elaine the Main Character for MI6

posted by AppDude27 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Since the special ending after the credits of Tales of Monkey Island, I think it would be cool if Elaine became the main character in the next game. Morgan would make an interesting villain since she's in love with Guybrush and would probably stop at nothing to get him.
With Elaine as the new protagonist, players could see the game in her perspective as she gets a taste of what Guybrush does. Or Elaine and Guybrush could be switchable characters allowing for puzzles to be multi-layered and have more complex solutions. (Kind of like the beginning of Tales Chap 1 when Elaine uses the rope to let Guybrush across the mast to get to the other side of the ship.)

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: The main character of MI6 is, of course, James Bond! Gettit?? :D

I thought Tom Cruise would still be around to play in MI6.

• @AppDude27 said: OR what if Guybrush and Elaine switched bodies because of some ancient voodoo curse and it can only be lifted by finding a lost treasure?
    That way it wouldn't seem odd that Elaine is doing what Guybrush does because he's Elaine! And Elaine would be forced to do what Guybrush does.

You've been playing too much Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island and watching too much Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

• I thought I heard rumors when MI4 was coming out that you would get to play as Elaine in some parts. Obviously that was false. I liked how in the Indy games you could switch between Indy to Henry/Sophia and if they ever did something like that in MI that's how I'd prefer it.

• @techie775 said: I thought I heard rumors when MI4 was coming out that you would get to play as Elaine in some parts. Obviously that was false. I liked how in the Indy games you could switch between Indy to Henry/Sophia and if they ever did something like that in MI that's how I'd prefer it.

That idea might have stemmed from Bill Tiller wanting the sequel to Curse to have Elaine and LeChuck as playable characters. LA decided against this. Over 10 years later, we get Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, where Tiller had full control over characters and story development.

• Or Elaine and Guybrush could be switchable characters allowing for puzzles to be multi-layered and have more complex solutions.

I often thought of that. Would be awesome. I mean guybrush still should have the most parts, but some parts for Elaine would be nice, and something really new in that series.

Reminds me a bit of DOTT, with 3 playable chars.

Another thing I would like if Guybrush and Elaine would have some Kids. So they could be kidnapped by Le Chuck, instead of Elaine. Elaine has been kidnapped too many times. ^^

• I agree that Elaine shouldn't get kidnapped that much anymore, but I really really don't want them to have kids.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Okay, enough with the joking. ;)

While I would not want to have Elaine as the player character in Tales 2, I'd be open to switching characters once in a while. We have to get a little closer to Elaine than before to still justify her being with Guybrush. When Morgan showed even the slightest sign of character development, people in here actually suggested Guybrush should leave Elaine for Morgan; Tales 2 must make up for this.

• That was no joke. Serious. :D

I would like them to have kids. Maybe 2, a boy that looks like little guybrush, and a girl that looks like little elaine. :D Getting kidnapped by Le Chuck. :D

• Personally, I think that'd be silly, and would not allow Guybrush to go on adventures the way he does now, except for saving his kids from dangers, which seems... boring.

• Personally, I think that'd be silly, and would not allow Guybrush to go on adventures the way he does now, except for saving his kids from dangers, which seems... boring.

Why? There is a grandpa. 315496-herman2_large.jpg

Most of the time he could look after the children, while guybrush and elaine are going on adventures. :D

Okay, i see you don't like it.

Add Comment