User Avatar Image

No save option, no warnings - I have lost all my progress.

posted by flameboy on - last edited - Viewed by 720 users

I have been a loyal and supportive customer of telltale games, purchasing the entire Monkey Island set w/ DVD and the BTF set. I have recommended your games to my friends who have also ended up buying your products. However after this awful experience I will sadly no longer be buying or recommending telltale games.

I played all the way to the Saloon part of BTF Part 5 when I decided to quit for the night.

[LIST]
[*] There was no warning message stating "You have not saved"
[*] There was no option to save
[*] All previous episodes have had an Autosave feature.
[/LIST]

I quickly found out that after quitting I had lost all my progress. This is a completely unacceptable game experience.

I have read in a previous thread that I somehow launched the game "incorrectly". Yeah right. What kind of company allows their customer to devote hours of game time without auto saving, or allowing a save feature? Do you guys not have a Quality Assurance department? This should NEVER happen!

And to top things off, this game is not even good enough to replay again. The puzzles were not challenging, most of the game is dialogue and walking time sinks with only small amounts of creative game play. While the voice acting was extremely good, the writing felt stale and monotonous with very little humor as compared to other action adventure games like the Monkey Islands, Sam and Max, and Grim Fandango, Discworld, etc.

Not only will I never see the ending of the BTF series now, but I have lost all hope for future novel gameplay in the adventure game genre. Thanks TellTale. :mad:

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That wasn't the case for me. I could do all that in Episode 5.

• @flameboy said: I have been a loyal and supportive customer of telltale games, purchasing the entire Monkey Island set w/ DVD and the BTF set. I have recommended your games to my friends who have also ended up buying your products. However after this awful experience I will sadly no longer be buying or recommending telltale games.

I played all the way to the Saloon part of BTF Part 5 when I decided to quit for the night.

[LIST]
    [*] There was no warning message stating "You have not saved"
    [*] There was no option to save
    [*] All previous episodes have had an Autosave feature.
    [/LIST]

I quickly found out that after quitting I had lost all my progress. This is a completely unacceptable game experience.

I have read in a previous thread that I somehow launched the game "incorrectly". Yeah right. What kind of company allows their customer to devote hours of game time without auto saving, or allowing a save feature? Do you guys not have a Quality Assurance department? This should NEVER happen!

And to top things off, this game is not even good enough to replay again. The puzzles were not challenging, most of the game is dialogue and walking time sinks with only small amounts of creative game play. While the voice acting was extremely good, the writing felt stale and monotonous with very little humor as compared to other action adventure games like the Monkey Islands, Sam and Max, and Grim Fandango, Discworld, etc.

Not only will I never see the ending of the BTF series now, but I have lost all hope for future novel gameplay in the adventure game genre. Thanks TellTale. :mad:

For starters, this is in the wrong forum. Secondly, there was an issue and you had to make sure you ran the episode you were running from the shortcut for that episode. If you didn't do that (even though it was possible to run other episodes from other launchers) there would be no save option available.

• @jweir said: Secondly, there was an issue and you had to make sure you ran the episode you were running from the shortcut for that episode.

Guess what? I don't care.

There was absolutely no way for me to know what the "correct" way to run the game was. I was given the option to run the game that I purchased. I ran it, played it for 5 hours and lost all my progress.

This is BUG. Bad game design. Poor quality assurance. End of story.:mad:

• @flameboy said: Guess what? I don't care.

There was absolutely no way for me to know what the "correct" way to run the game was. I was given the option to run the game that I purchased. I ran it, played it for 5 hours and lost all my progress.

This is BUG. Bad game design. Poor quality assurance. End of story.:mad:

With a username like yours, did you really intend anything other than finding some excuse to flame Telltale? Yes, it's a bug. Yes, bugs are present in Telltale's games. Yes, there's at least one bug in every other game out there. So what point exactly are you trying to make? I was merely trying to be courteous to you, and you snipped at me in full intention of keeping your gripe on against Telltale. If that's truly how you feel about things, please don't let me persuade you that your opinion isn't the only one that matters...

• [quote]With a username like yours, did you really intend anything other than finding some excuse to flame Telltale?[/quote]
    "Some excuse to flame Telltale" = Game failing to save, losing 5 hours of playtime?
    Sounds to me like you're the mindless fanboi.

[quote]please don't let me persuade you that your opinion isn't the only one that matters... [/quote]
    Oh, I'm sorry... do you have a different opinion on this issue? You think it's okay that their game failed to save? Not a big deal huh, losing 5 hours of your time? Is your time really that worthless?

I will never understand deluded people as yourself. Just admit that this is an atrocious, sloppy bug. It's not that difficult. Or are you afraid of hurting your precious game company's feelings?

• Ok Mr Snobby Boy, So what Telltale made a mistake big whoop. Oh no 5 hours, I got to the last chapter of LA Noire, and a bug wiped out my saves, I didn't cry like you. I just played the game over again and won.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Lock time.

This discussion has been closed.