User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 38.5K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's because the original price sucked, each region gets the same percentage knocked off, so if it was already outrageously priced for the UK or Europe, then it will still be on the sale.

• I know. Read my spoiler'd bit earlier to hear me rant about it.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Darth Marsden said: No no, you pay $15.

Nah, I get the ripoff price. I just converted to dollars to indicate how much more expensive it is. :)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I'm in the UK, so would pay the £15 price, which is about the equivalent of $25. Never mind!

• Oh! Didn't know you were in the UK. Fair enough.

• Double post - please don't ban me. :p

Today's daily deal is the imaginatively named Alien Shooter, which is £1.33, or $1.66 (converted: £1.02, which would annoy me if it were much more expensive).

Alternatively, you can get the Shooter pack (Alien Shooter, Alien Shooter: Revisited, Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded and Zombie Shooter) for £3.66, or $5. You'll have to use the Search bar for that one though (the actual title is 'Complete Shooter Pack'), since they're not really advertising the collection.

The games, if you've not heard of them, are basically isometric shooters. I can't really tell you more because I don't own them (nor will I, it's not my sort of game).

-x-

EDIT: The weekend deal! It's the Call of Duty series, all of which (well, the ones available on Steam, anyway) are half price, with Black Ops being 33% off. So, the amount that one should have been with from the very start.

Anyway. The actual prices:

Call of Duty War Chest (CoD1, United Offensive and CoD2): £9.99, or $14.99
    World at War: £9.99, or $9.99 (which, converted, is £6.16, which is annoying because I'd pay that much but not a penny more for it)
    Modern Warfare: £9.99, or $9.99 (which is also converted to £6.16)
    Modern Warfare 2: £14.99, or $14.99 (converts to £9.25)
    MW2 Resurgence Pack: £5.49 or $7.49
    MW2 Stimulus Pack: £5.49 or $7.49
    Black Ops: £26.79, or $40.19

You can get CoD1, United Offensive and CoD2 individually, but just one costs about the same as all three put together, so there's absolutely no point in doing so.

• The Alien Shooter games are great but just pick one. One of them is more than enough.

• I'm just showing you what's on offer. You're the one who has to pick 'em!

For the record, I'm not getting any of them. No interest in the lot.

• Thing I've learned is they put Call of Duty games on sale just before a price drop. It'll probably drop to $50 permanently after this weekend.

Add Comment