649 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The changes don't really add anything for me. I could see color upgrades, extra scenes. But I'm not sure about the changes I've seen so far.

I want to see more though.

• God forbid someone does what they like with their intellectual property.

• @Ribs said: God forbid someone does what they like with their intellectual property.

-.- What a stupid response. You obviously care nothing about Star Wars.

Star Wars belongs to the fans as much as it belongs to George Lucas. We love Star Wars as it once was before this Special Edition crap. Many of us grew up with it; feel a connection with the characters; find the story to be compelling... oh and there's so much more to it than just that.

With one hand, George is taking our money hand over fist, and with the other he is beating us about the head and shoulders with a baseball bat.

• @Chyron8472 said: -.- What a stupid response. You obviously care nothing about Star Wars.

Star Wars belongs to the fans as much as it belongs to George Lucas. We love Star Wars as it once was before this Special Edition crap. Many of us grew up with it; feel a connection with the characters; find the story to be compelling... oh and there's so much more to it than just that.

With one hand, George is taking our money hand over fist, and with the other he is beating us about the head and shoulders with a baseball bat.

He's making hte movie as he wants to. The original film is inferior in Lucas' eyes, so he seeks to improve it.

Also, no, it does not belong to the fans. George Lucas and Lucasfilm own Star Wars.

• @Ribs said: He's making hte movie as he wants to. The original film is inferior in Lucas' eyes, so he seeks to improve it.

Also, no, it does not belong to the fans. George Lucas and Lucasfilm own Star Wars.

Okay, then by rights TTG can make a King's Quest reboot wherein the main character is a talking cactus. They can do it, so they should. Nevermind what the fans think or whether it pisses the whole of the adventure gaming community off.

• @Chyron8472 said: Okay, then by rights TTG can make a King's Quest reboot wherein the main character is a talking cactus. They can do it, so they should. Nevermind what the fans think or whether it pisses the whole of the adventure gaming community off.

So long as they have the license and approval to do it, they have all the right.

• @Chyron8472 said: -.- What a stupid response. You obviously care nothing about Star Wars.

Seriously, it's part of human insanity in that of itself that he's paid that much to begin with, and that you buy something you don't want.

Just keep your DVDS or VHS ,is blue ray really that much better? It's insane, chaotic to go on and on about what George Lucas does. Honestly as much as we're a sentimental species, it really is his work to change, when upfront he said he was going to change it.

At-least we're getting deleted scenes. That's cool.

The guy said he was going to update it and he did in his own way. It's just movies, we've become so deranged. I mean seriously think about the hell for one moment going on in this world, it's not Star Wars being redone by George Lucas in a way that you don't agree with.

I've learned to accept things with balance, if I want to watch Star Wars as it originally was I have all 3 on DVD...original, uncut. and I can watch them in Japanese too.

I'm sure they will eventually some how be on blueray and if not, that's ok, I haven't wasted money on blue ray and I don't really want to.

Who cares...honestly who cares? It's just a stupid video re-release. It's not a big deal.

I try to balance myself out, and I know I'm struggling now, it's late. And I want to be understanding, supportive of your views. But if you don't want to buy something that is upfront and he's telling you it's changed and is even giving you trailers and samples of the changes made, then don't...really then don't...

The first movie I ever saw was star wars...

So I'm told. It was my first movie, ever. I love it as much as any one else, but my God, must worse things are happening, WW3 might even happen...

He's not taking your money, he's not uncle sam, he's a film artist, named George Lucas who likes to change his material, it's no big secret.

Fan boys are the definition of lunatics. I mean , come on, it's not a big deal. own original copies on DVD as well as Special Editions, life is good, it's not a big deal, seriously...

Calm down, take a chill pill. I'll probably purchase a copy of the films on blue ray , by the way. I enjoy the silly changes he makes. :p But, I probably won't get it while it's first out. That is if the freakin world still even exist by then...seriously...

• Also, Penny Arcade should update their comic by replacing Gabe and Tycho with My Little Pony; Strong Bad's voice in his emails should be replaced with that of Pee-wee Herman; TTG should re-release Sam & Max Seasons 1 thru 3 patched so that Sam is a sperm whale and Max is a TF2 hat....

• Yeah, well, he's been upfront about changing it, he's even giving out samples. He's allowed to follow through with his word and do what he wants with his own material, he does own all the rights...

If TTG set out to do that for some strange reason they would be entitled to do it, it wouldn't be behind anyone's back or dishonest or wrong if they were upfront about it. But, it would be very strange.

Lucas means well and forgive me for my sins, I do believe Star Wars has aged very well, better than some 90s films XD but I happen to like some of the special edition changes.

OMG, I said it...I said it...oh no! OH NO!

With all due respect to the original, I still like some of the later video re-release touch ups.

I don't see why I shouldn't, it's sort of strange to get that attached to the originals that I hate touch ups that add to the story, narrative but we're a sentimental species.

• I can't be the only one outraged by these changes...

Add Comment