649 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...only reason I bought the special edition DVDs(and I have never even popped disc1s into the player). and those are the last pennies Lucas will ever get from me movie wise.

• @Chyron8472 said: I can't be the only one outraged by these changes...

The versions of the movies I have on DVD and I don't plan to get them on BluRay.

• Yes, he doesn't want people to be offended by what he thinks is an inferior product, so forces screenings to be with the newest cut. The main point is still that the original film is available, if for some insane reason you still want to see it.

• @Ribs said: Yes, he doesn't want people to be offended by what he thinks is an inferior product, so forces screenings to be with the newest cut. The main point is still that the original film is available, if for some insane reason you still want to see it.

Some insane reason? Are you purposefully trying to be a troll here or do you honestly not understand the problem here? These films are some of the most important in film history and they're being criminally neglected. The longer it takes for them to do a proper restoration of the original films the greater the chances they'll be lost to future generations.

"Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself." - George Lucas

• I think we have just defined the generation gap...those who despise the idea of changing films, and those who don't mind it.

• @Ribs said: The films in their original form still exist! There's no reason to rerelease them, as they're deemed inferior to the new cuts by the creator.

That doesn't make them inferior.

• Like I said Johro, I wouldn't mind it one bit if he also provided the originals. The special editions were special editions. They weren't meant to supplant the original versions, they were meant as an interesting alternative.

• @tobar said: Like I said Johro, I wouldn't mind it one bit if he also provided the originals. The special editions were special editions. They weren't meant to supplant the original versions, they were meant as an interesting alternative.

Oh I know. The last DVD editions had the theatrical releases though...unpolished. I wouldn't expect them on blu-ray...probably ever at this point, now that he's going all 3D.

• Guys..it's star wars...now don't get me wrong I'm a huge star wars Junkie..but he can do what he wants with it. If he wants to take it places where he wants it to go. So please no arguing about it.

• The first Star Wars DVD releases were fine. They had extra effects but they were fine. Except for one thing that really left me puzzled: Why put in Hayden at the end....

Add Comment