User Avatar Image

For early Steam customers

posted by ixemun on - last edited - Viewed by 622 users

so I bought the game for 10USD when it first came out (the first episode), seeing that on steam now only has the full episode package on sale and the 2nd episode doesn't pops out in my game library, does that mean I have to purchase the whole series? D=

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @chucklas said: That means you bought episode 1 from telltale directly, not steam. The discount doesn't count for you because you didn't buy episode 1 on steam.

No, Summer Sale was on steam.

• I just picked up the full season for £4.35 off steam.

EDIT: I already had ep1, not sure if that makes a difference.

• @Mr_Orange said: I just picked up the full season for £4.35 off steam.

EDIT: I already had ep1, not sure if that makes a difference.

This makes difference. Users who already own 1ep receive 75% discount on steam, but for some reason not everyone receive it.

• There is a thread about this on the Steam Forums here and according to a Valve rep, "Users who purchased the Telltale Complete Pack during the Summer Sale should also now get the correct discount for the Hector full series."

Maybe try logging out of Steam and then back in before going to the Hector page on the Steam store?

• Yea, it's fixed for me, they replied to my support ticket last night, didn't see it till a few moments ago.

Nevermind.. It looks to still be buggy, it went from 75% off in my cart to 50% off.

• @Carm said: Yea, it's fixed for me, they replied to my support ticket last night, didn't see it till a few moments ago.

Nevermind.. It looks to still be buggy, it went from 75% off in my cart to 50% off.

I don't think that's a bug but just that the sale is over. The regular new-buyer price doesn't appear to be discounted anymore either -- it's $19.99, same as Telltale's price. I'll bet the regular upgrade price is $9.99, just like Telltale's. Both of these were $5 off, but only for a limited time.

I see you posted in the Steam thread. I hope they work this out for you, it kinda doesn't seem right that some upgraders missed the sale price because of technical issues.

• So... I just got a response from Steam support basically saying to bad, no 75% discount for you. Even though it was their and Telltales screw up for letting this bug, that has effected many people, to persist for over 4 days.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Carm said: So... I just got a response from Steam support basically saying to bad, no 75% discount for you. Even though it was their and Telltales screw up for letting this bug, that has effected many people, to persist for over 4 days.

To be fair, I think the fault for this one lies with Steam - they administer the Steam store, not Telltale. Sorry you missed out on the discount price though.

• It's Telltales product, it's partially their fault. They could have gotten it corrected. If I was running a business I'd want to make sure my customers weren't getting screwed over by a company that sells my product. This has been a known problem since the 25th.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079472

• Actually this is TellTales fault. They control steam pricing for their products including region and promotion pricing. Nobody else. So now we have to pay $5 more.
    They could prolongate this promo for few more days, or make 75% for users who owns ep1. Problem is not in $5, but in their altitude to customers. To costumers, who love TellTale, who owns all their games!(Only players who own TT Complete Pack got screwed). This is not right.

Add Comment