User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition - 7.5/10

This game is wayyy overrated. It's ultimately just as repetitive as AC1, which was the main complaint with that one. I noted "Deluxe Edition" because it included the 2 DLC episodes, Sequences 12 and 13 which cannot be skipped. Those added 3 more hours of boring gameplay at a point where I already just wanted the game to end, so it hurts my final opinion tremendously. The game took me 25 hours and could have been 10 hours shorter (or had less repetitive content).

I was definitely still having a lot of fun at the 10-15 hour point and was pretty addicted to it, but it falls apart so hard when you're forced to chug through those final 10 hours.

• The Whispered World 6/10

The Good
    - Awesome drawings, with a lot of details
    - Interesting concept. Will we destroy the world by trying to stop that?
    - Finally a cute pet for the main character
    - The music was nice, but nothing special

The Bad
    - The voice acting in the German and the English version is not too good. (Especially the main character)
    - The main character is constantly depressed which really got my mood down
    - The graphics are too detailed. Often you just do not see an object you need to interact with.
    - Some of the puzzles are horrible --> Click the right spot on a black wall.
    - Some puzzles are just puzzling --> I had no clue I was searching for a mouse? Why would I do that?
    - Puzzles I have seen in too many games. Oh the key is in the lock on the other side of the door but if I just let it drop it on the ground I will never get it. I know you know this puzzle if you played more than 3 adventure games that are not by TTG.

The Ugly
    - The Ending of the game. I should have seen that coming after playing Edna some months ago but I didn't. I wish I could just erase the last 5 minutes of the game from my mind and settle for quitting at that point. That would not have resolved anything but it would have been a more satisfying ending.
    - No real choice at the end even though you are meant to make one. Why present a fake choice when you only can choose one of them?
    - Stuttering cutscenes are no fun

Without this end the game would have still been a 8/10. This game somehow made my appreciate TTGs style a lot more At least in their games I always know what I am looking for. A f***** mouse. GOD!

• Mario's Picross 8/10

Its a fun game, but it needed more puzzles really.

Well, I guess since it is a Gameboy game, that can be forgiven mostly, but I was expecting a bit more out of it.

http://backloggery.com/retrovortex

Thats one game beaten, just 467 left to go! :D

• LEGO Harry Potter - 8.5/10

Everyone knows that LEGO games are pure fun. I got 100% in this one, and it was a huge pain in the ass to find the last few things, but I did it and I'm happy.

• From Dust - 8.5/10

It's pretty awesome. Though it's definitely frustrating at times, it's a very good game. And for $15? It's worth it.

• I can't remember the last game I beat, but here's the last few I remember.
    Persona 4 8/10 - It was alright. I liked P3 more, but Persona series is still my least favorite of SMT.
    Brutal Legend 7/10 - What gets this raiting so high is it's story. While the RTS parts were not as fun as the hack 'n slash parts it still had a very funny story.
    Catherine 9/10 - A great game, but hard mode drops it a point for me. Simply because the need to be so precise in hard mode is a bit much.

• Final Fight Double Impact for the PS3, I give it 10/10 :eek:

I don't normally give games such great ratings but Final Fight has always been my favourite beat'em up and I'd give the normal version 9 or 10 out of 10... so I had to give the PS3 version 10/10 for one simple reason - online multiplayer support!
    Other than that, the game seems to be arcade perfect and I can't find anything to complain about.
    But having multiplayer support really adds a LOT to the game, I love playing coop with people but hardly ever have people around... which is no longer a problem :D

Really, this has turned out to be the thing I like the most about the PS3 - the ability to play certain old classic games online, it's so damn cool.

• @der_ketzer said: The Whispered World 6/10

The Good
    - Awesome drawings, with a lot of details
    - Interesting concept. Will we destroy the world by trying to stop that?
    - Finally a cute pet for the main character
    - The music was nice, but nothing special

The Bad
    - The voice acting in the German and the English version is not too good. (Especially the main character)
    - The main character is constantly depressed which really got my mood down

[B]- Puzzles I have seen in too many games. Oh the key is in the lock on the other side of the door but if I just let it drop it on the ground I will never get it. I know you know this puzzle if you played more than 3 adventure games that are not by TTG.

Without this end the game would have still been a 8/10. This game somehow made my appreciate TTGs style a lot more At least in their games I always know what I am looking for. A f***** mouse. GOD!

I really love this game so I'll comment on these three things :)

I hated the voice at first but grew to love it as I understood the character more.

That key puzzle had an interesting variation!

And lastly, when looking for objects, holding the space bar brought up all the interactive spots on the screen :D

Add Comment