649 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hayden replacing the other actor is something I personally don't agree with. Out of all and any edits that is the hardest for me to settle with.

• The problem with Greedo shooting first is that it doesn't make any sense for him to miss at that range. Han had to shoot first because if Greedo shot first he would have shot Han right in the face.

They should just go all out and replace Greedo with a CGI version that acts visibly drunk. That'll make it believable.

Though now that I think about it, if Greedo really is such a terrible shot, then it's pretty mean of Han to shoot him at all. He should have just smacked him down.

• @supmandude85 said: I'm pretty sure the blue tint was intentional. Also, the force ghost and Greedo shooting first were basically graphical updates, because it doesn't effect the story. Just like how Mario went from 8 bit to 16 bit.

You must not know the definition of graphical because arbitrarily changing the fact that Han Solo is a scoundrel does change the story as it affects the character's development.

If the blue tint is intentional, it is stupid. Adywan says it was not there before the 2004 DVD.

97vs2004.jpgdagobah.jpg5zRmp.jpg

• @supmandude85 said: I'm pretty sure the blue tint was intentional. Also, the force ghost and Greedo shooting first were basically graphical updates, because it doesn't effect the story. Just like how Mario went from 8 bit to 16 bit.

Hayden as a ghost doesn't change the story, you're right about that, but how can you say the Han/Greedo scene doesn't change the story?

Greedo is a bounty hunter who in pretty clear terms just told Han that he was not only about to kill him, but that he was going to kill him. So Han shoots him. Not only is this totally bad ass, but really it's the only logical thing for Han to do.

In the new version, Han waits for Greedo to shoot first. Greedo is a bounty hunter in the employ of Jabba the Hutt, which presumably means he knows how to use a gun. Also he's at point blank range. A ten year old could shoot somebody from across a three-foot table. Refusing to fire on him first should be tantamount to committing suicide. But somehow, he manages to miss anyway. Not only does this change manage to make Han look like an idiot, but it even manages to make Greedo look incompetent at the same time.

• @Chyron8472 said: You must not know the definition of graphical because arbitrarily changing the fact that Han Solo is a scoundrel does change the story as it affects the character's development.

Again, how? He still killed him. In the new version they shoot almost at the same time. http://m.youtube.com/?dc=organic&source=mog&hl=en#/watch?v=mKEX6QJ-zlQ As for the blue tint, I only remembered it being on Hoth and thought it was to make it look colder. I have no idea why it's in the rest.

• I like the laserboob on the right. :D

• I think the blue-tint works for some scenes. Improving them. Particularly the scenes involving imperial ships and the like, because otherwise they seem too white. Tinting them a bit makes them seem more foreboding, and less fake. For the hoth scenes, not so much.

• @Friar said: I think the blue-tint works for some scenes. Improving them. Particularly the scenes involving imperial ships and the like, because otherwise they seem too white. Tinting them a bit makes them seem more foreboding, and less fake. For the hoth scenes, not so much.

What about the scene with Yoda?

dagobah.jpg

• @Scnew said:
    In the new version, Han waits for Greedo to shoot first. Greedo is a bounty hunter in the employ of Jabba the Hutt, which presumably means he knows how to use a gun. Also he's at point blank range. A ten year old could shoot somebody from across a three-foot table. Refusing to fire on him first should be tantamount to committing suicide. But somehow, he manages to miss anyway. Not only does this change manage to make Han look like an idiot, but it even manages to make Greedo look incompetent at the same time.

I don't think he was supposed to be waiting, Greedo just happened to shot first.

• @supmandude85 said: I don't think he was supposed to be waiting, Greedo just happened to shot first.

Back when it first came out, I remember Lucas saying in an interview that he did not want Han to shoot first because Han was supposed to have a sort of cowboy-like honor system, or something. I'll try to find the quote.

Add Comment