User Avatar Image

Dvd now shipping!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Now that BttF has wound down, newcomers probably remember that they are entitled to a free disc. Here's a quick FAQ on how you get it:

1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale. Only PC/Mac pruchases from Telltale's store qualify. iPad, PS3 and third party sites do not get a free disc.

-YOU CAN NOW SKIP STEP 2!-

3. Pre-order. This gives Telltale a good idea how many discs need to be pressed. If you don't pre-order, you'll still get your disc, but it will take more time. Telltale will put up a blog post when they are available.

4. Pay for shipping. The discs are free, but you will still have to pay for shipping. If you are not in the US or Canada, and you want a bunch of things from Telltale, it may be cheaper to have everything shipped at once, so keep this in mind, too.

5. More waiting!

6. Get your disc. Hug it and be nice to it. It won't bite, I promise.

Preorders are now available, in regular and limited edition Special flavors.

633 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I see that the Deluxe Edition will have an initial run of only 2500 copies. With the word initial, that says to me that there will/may be more made in the future (no pun intended). Having already owned the game, I WANT to get the Deluxe Edition DVD. However, I have an issue. Recently, I've started to come under some hard financial times to the point where 19.99 (even without the high shipping costs) may be too much. So my main question is, how long will the "DVD upgrade offer" last? Will I be able to wait until the next manufacturing run when hopefully I'll be under better times? Or will the "upgrade offer" eventually end?

• @Trekkie2063 said: I see that the Deluxe Edition will have an initial run of only 2500 copies. With the word initial, that says to me that there will/may be more made in the future (no pun intended). Having already owned the game, I WANT to get the Deluxe Edition DVD. However, I have an issue. Recently, I've started to come under some hard financial times to the point where 19.99 (even without the high shipping costs) may be too much. So my main question is, how long will the "DVD upgrade offer" last? Will I be able to wait until the next manufacturing run when hopefully I'll be under better times? Or will the "upgrade offer" eventually end?

If there is another manufacturing run you'll totally still be able to do the upgrade.

• As an aside, it appears that when you buy the Deluxe (might also apply to Collectors, not sure), you get all of the games for download immediately. That makes it a better deal, since you don't have to wait.

Unless something is quirky on my account anyway. I purposely did not buy the downloads after the Episode 1/Blu-ray debacle.

• @revelated said: As an aside, it appears that when you buy the Deluxe (might also apply to Collectors, not sure), you get all of the games for download immediately. That makes it a better deal, since you don't have to wait.

Unless something is quirky on my account anyway. I purposely did not buy the downloads after the Episode 1/Blu-ray debacle.

That's the case with all of Telltale's games--if you buy the DVD, you also get the episodes to download in your account.

• @Alan Johnson said: If there is another manufacturing run you'll totally still be able to do the upgrade.

So the upgrade pricing would never, ever "expire" for lack of better words, right?

• Anybody know the "actual" release date for these DVD's??

• Im looking forward to it!!! (deluxe)

• @allaboardfilms said: That's the case with all of Telltale's games--if you buy the DVD, you also get the episodes to download in your account.

Since I don't see anywhere on the DVD ad that such is inclusive of the purchase, one would think that TellTale would be smart enough to market it to those who have never touched, or plan to touch, any of their other games and thus would never have known this to be the case.

I would also, if in their shoes, offer the console version as an alternate download when buying the DVD...and yes, they could do that, with a unique code for the PSN Store in your account. Don't know how much easier the console versions would be to control, and I think the Mac version on max res is preferred in my individual case, but more choice isn't a bad thing. Doing so would allow users to have the game on any platform they choose.

• I've never played a DVD Version of a game from Telltale. Does the disc have separate installers for the episodes (You install the episodes one at a time, like the downloadable version), or are all 5 episodes installed at one time with 1 large installer?

• All 5 (or 6 for S&M Season 1) are installed at the same time, and use one launcher.

Add Comment