User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.0K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Gah! Beaten to it! That'll teach me to spend too much time playing Borderlands.

EDIT: Ah, but you didn't mention that it won't run on WinXP! The game requires Vista or Windows 7 to run. For some reason.

That reason is it isn't forwards-compatible. It is not brain science.

• @Gman5852 said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KfawzlnrsY
    Heres what TotalBiscuit thinks of the game.

I linked that in my post. :p

The reason for no XP: Direct X 11 is required for some odd reason. I see NOTHING in there that would not work in DX 9.

• @der_ketzer said: I linked that in my post. :p

The reason for no XP: Direct X 11 is required for some odd reason. I see NOTHING in there that would not work in DX 9.

Didnt notice that you put it there.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is Cloning Clyde, which has two-thirds off at £1.33 or $1.66.

Having bought and played it for an hour and a half (one achievement requires you to run around in a wheel for half an hour, which wasn't nice), I can tell you that the game plays very much like The Lost Vikings, if anyone remembers that.

It's basically a puzzle platformer, where most of the puzzles require you to clone yourself and place these clones on switches. You can also combine your clones (or yourself, if you can remember which one that is!) with various animals (or an explosive barrel) for added fun.

For the price, it's a great little puzzler and I'd recommend it. Seriously, under 2 bucks? Admit it, you've spent more on less. Speaking of which...

Midweek Madness (despite it being Tuesday)! A few Eidos games are on offer, namely Hitman and (shudder) Kane and Lynch. Each game is 66% off, with the bundle of all of them being 75% off.

The exact titles and prices:

Hitman: Codename 47 - £2.04 or $3.40
    Hitman: Silent Assassin - £2.04 or $3.40
    Hitman: Blood Money - £2.04 or $3.40
    All three Hitman games - £5.10 or $8.50

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - £2.70 or $5.10
    Kane & Lynch: Dog Days - £4.00 or $5.10 (wait, how's that work?)
    K&L: DD Alliance Weapon Pack - 66p or $1
    K&L: DD Multiplayer Masks Pack - 47p or 67c
    K&L: DD The Doggie Bag - £1.35 or $2

The Whole Lot: £11.35 or $17.75

Veritable mixed bag there! The Hitman games are good, but the Kane & Lynch series... well, isn't. It's a moot point anyway as I own all the games (but not the DLC, I've far better things to spend my money on).

• Also, due to steam trading now no longer under beta, and Portal 2 and Spiral Knights added to the list of what to trade, Portal 2 items, TF2 items, and Spiral Knights items are all on sale as well. Sadly Portal 2 is not on sale because of this, not really games, but they are still on sale for steam purposes.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is Booster Trooper, which is £1.60 or $2.

It's a multiplayer platform shooter, apparently, so I have no interest in it whatsoever. Oh well.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Woo! Loads of deals today!

First off, the Daily Deal. It's STORM: Frontline Nation, which is now £6.50 or $10.
    It's a turn-based strategy game. Make of that what you will.

And next, the Weekend deals. Yes, that's plural.

Civilization V is 75% off, as is the digital edition. The DLC bundle, sadly, is not on offer.
    Civ 5 is £7.50 or $12.50, while the Civ 5 Digital Deluxe (actual name) is £10 or $15.

Next, Need for Speed! The franchise is on offer, or at least the games on Steam are. Here's the list:

NFS: Shift - £3.75 or $5
    NFS: Undercover - £3.75 or $2.49 (WTF?!)
    NFS: Hot Pursuit - £10.20 or $10.20 (Grr)
    NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed - £14.99 or $14.99 (Do they even check these?)

Finally, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is out now. Having played it, I can honestly say... don't. Just don't.

• @Darth Marsden said: And next, the Weekend deals. Yes, that's plural.

Civilization V is 75% off, as is the digital edition. The DLC bundle, sadly, is not on offer.
    Civ 5 is £7.50, while the Civ 5 Digital Deluxe (actual name) is £10.

Incidentally, Civ 5 is $12.50 for the Standard Edition and $15 for the Digital Deluxe Edition (which is still 75% off)

Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

[LIST]
    [*]Babylon Civ with Nebuchadnezzar II
    [*]Civ 5 behind the scenes video at Firaxis
    [*]Civ 5 Game Soundtrack
    [/LIST]
    The 4 current additional DLC packs (scenarios) for Civ 5 are: The Americas, Asia, Mediterranean, and Mesopotamia. These are not currently on sale but can be bought in a bundle for $10.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure (which is a bit of a mouthful). £1.49 or $2.49.

Add Comment