User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Borderlands. I'd been playing this pretty much non-stop until I got to Mad Moxxi's Underdome, at which point my progress slowed to being almost non-existent.

See, I'm going through it as a single-player. And Mad Moxxi's DLC is definitely not single-player geared. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's damn near impossible to complete in single-player mode.

If you've never played it, Mad Moxxi's Underdome is one long set of arena challenges. To begin with you have to go through 5 rounds, each consisting of 5 waves. Total of 25 waves. If you fail any of the waves, you go back to the beginning of the previous round. Which is harsh if you're on wave 20 and die, because it means you go all the way back to wave 11.

So. After getting incredibly fed up, I finally beat the 25 waves on each of the three different maps that the game puts you through. I beat the third and (I hoped) final map this afternoon. And I was like "Right, let's see if there's anything more interesting after this abomination of tedium and frustration".

The next challenge is to go 20 rounds in each of the three maps. That's 100 waves. Times three, because there's three different maps.

F*ck. You. Gearbox.

Seriously! I can't do that. I physically cannot do that. I don't have the patience, the time, the energy or, most fatally, the slightest bit of interest. I busted my balls to do the five rounds in each map, and now you want me to do four times that? Piss off!

So ignoring the massive brick wall that Gearbox have erected around this particular piece of DLC, I've moved on to the next one, Secret Army of General Knoxx, but I'm getting tired of this one because the maps are so bloody huge it takes forever to get to the next bit of combat. I'm pretty much ready to just give up on this game now, it's proving too much of a hassle to play.

• Finished Assassin's Creed II. Starting Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

• Zelda Links awakening and Wing Commander.

• 1653114-game_dev_story_large.png
    Frickin' amazing. My games are now multi-million sellers. I have enough money to write on the moon (although not enough to develop for the Gamecube, oddly enough. Hmm...

I just can't stop playing. But then my battery died. ¬_¬

Also, I Walt Disney and Steve Jobs working for me (sorry, Walt Sidney and Stephen Jobson), so it's all good.

• Cloning Clyde. It was yesterday's Daily Deal on Steam, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

• I've finished Broken Sword 3. Decided it's not that good. Especially compared with the first two. I don't like the new format. They over used it in the second half of the game and it got very samey.

So now I am downloading VVVVVV and I'll probably start it tomorrow. It'll be my first playthrough.

• Finished Limbo, have it on the PS3 here... what a fantastic game!
    I really fell in love with this one, I love everything about it... the gameplay, the atmosphere and the really cool and stylish graphical style! It's amazing!

The puzzles themselves are quite easy and you're never stuck for long, but even so... many of them are still quite clever and solving them is fun.
    But even if the puzzles were bad, I'd still love the game for the atmosphere and awesome look alone.

I finished the PS3 exclusive hidden level as well today... so I can report to people playing it on PC or Xbox... you're not missing out on much.
    The hidden level was more annoying than anything, basically it's a pitch black level with only very slight lighting here and there... and the puzzles all focus around not being able to see what's going on.

Here's an example, note - it's a spoiler so skip the rest if you don't want to know -
    One of the puzzles has you encountering one of those buzzsaw things, a big one going up and down. You have to run below it while it's up, which isn't difficult at all.
    However, next you encounter two more... but both of these are in complete darkness so you can't see anything at all... meaning you have to rely on the sounds alone.
    So you have to listen closely to the first one that you can actually see... both what it sounds like when it goes back up, but also the volume as you get closer... so you can tell how close you are to the other ones.

• Hi guys,
    the games i am playing at the moment are- minecraft with the aether mod, littlebigplanet 2, assassins creed brotherhood (ps3), batman arkham asylum (ps3)

• Now that I am back from my vacation and back with my lovely computer and my 24' monitor (My BF's monitor is really small). I am playing some Hellgate Online, just redid my Templar - Swordmaster, and I am doing much better on her this time.

Also playing some Titan Quest from time to time.

• I'm...back to playing minecrack.. :(

Add Comment