User Avatar Image

Kings Quest Reboot

posted by GuybrushWilco on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150947p1.html

I haven't been this excited about a Telltale announcement since Tales of Monkey Island. I figured this game deserves its own thread. Who else has mega nostalgia for this series? I really should go back and get the KQ collection now.... So what do you all hope to see in the game?

397 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is hilarious. So much backlash, when honestly, I have never played a Telltale game I didn't love completely. It's the next generation of adventure gaming, and its these pioneers who are the exact right people who should be remaking Monkey Island and King's Quest. Even their Sam and Max was good. The originals will always be golden, but I grew up with those games, and I am so pumped to see what Telltale does with the series. I place my faith entirely in their hands.
    I wonder whether the nay-sayers have even played through an entire series of Telltale games recently. It boggles the mind how anybody could NOT like Tales of Monkey Island. :)

• Really? It boggles your mind that people have different opinions, tastes, preferences, likes and dislikes than you do? I'm sure it's comforting for one to find hilarity in people who think differently than they do, but most people eventually realize that there are many, many things they always thought of as self-obvious that actually aren't.

• @thom-22 said: Really? It boggles your mind that people have different opinions, tastes, preferences, likes and dislikes than you do? I'm sure it's comforting for one to find hilarity in people who think differently than they do, but most people eventually realize that there are many, many things they always thought of as self-obvious that actually aren't.

What's boggling is that people could hate a game before they even see a single screenshot of it.

• Whats boggling is there is often little tolerance for anyone that might actually like Telltale's style... Few people are tolerant of those opinions, and often insulting.

• @MusicallyInspired said: DOTT is not "leaps and bounds better than the original." That's a subjective opinion on taste. The correct statement is that it's leaps and bounds nothing like the original.

It includes the original.

@MusicallyInspired said: Whats boggling is there is often little tolerance for anyone that might actually like Telltale's style... Few people are tolerant of those opinions, and often insulting.

A lot of people liked TTGs style back when it was good and feel that it got a lot worse over time.

• @der_ketzer said: It includes the original.

A lot of people liked TTGs style back when it was good and feel that it got a lot worse over time.

There is a simple solution: Since you've made up your mind about TT, why post here? And don't even bother playing KQ when it comes out.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: There is a simple solution: Since you've made up your mind about TT, why post here? And don't even bother playing KQ when it comes out.

Agreed! (And if Darth Vader says it, we should probably listen) ;)

If you hate Telltale, start your own forum.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: What's boggling is that people could hate a game before they even see a single screenshot of it.

Except that hasn't happened -- that's your incorrect, self-serving interpretation. No one I know has made up their mind to "hate" a game that hasn't come out yet. I and many others dislike certain aspects of Telltale's recent games and don't want to seem them carried over into the King's Quest game, where they would be even more inappropriate given KQ's history.

@Anakin Skywalker said: Whats boggling is there is often little tolerance for anyone that might actually like Telltale's style... Few people are tolerant of those opinions, and often insulting.

If you take a look at the entire board, in particular the JP and BTTF forums -- not to mention larryboy's latest remark -- you will find the intolerance comes from people who think Telltale can do no wrong and no one should be allowed to say otherwise. I defy you to find one post from someone critical of Telltale that implies anyone who isn't should get off the forum or "start their own". Yet we're told that all the time. As for insulting, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules for one forum participant to insult another; you have recourse -- report any insults to the mods.

• @thom-22 said: Except that hasn't happened -- that's your incorrect, self-serving interpretation. No one I know has made up their mind to "hate" a game that hasn't come out yet. I and many others dislike certain aspects of Telltale's recent games and don't want to seem them carried over into the King's Quest game, where they would be even more inappropriate given KQ's history.

If you take a look at the entire board, in particular the JP and BTTF forums -- not to mention larryboy's latest remark -- you will find the intolerance comes from people who think Telltale can do no wrong and no one should be allowed to say otherwise. I defy you to find one post from someone critical of Telltale that implies anyone who isn't should get off the forum or "start their own". Yet we're told that all the time. As for insulting, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules for one forum participant to insult another; you have recourse -- report any insults to the mods.

So you'd prefer KQ stay dead and buried and not even give TT a SHOT at trying to revive it?

• @Anakin Skywalker said: So you'd prefer KQ stay dead and buried and not even give TT a SHOT at trying to revive it?

I've never said that (though I believe others might have). I meant exactly what I said on the matter, nothing more, nothing less: "I ... dislike certain aspects of Telltale's recent games and don't want to seem them carried over into the King's Quest game, where they would be even more inappropriate given KQ's history."

Add Comment