User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Downloaded and finished Hero Core, very short but fun while it lasts... and it's freeware so I can't really complain too much about the lenght :)

It's a game in the style of Metroid and other games where you move around a rather large world map and get upgrades after defeating bosses, that sometimes allow you access new areas, etc.
    Fun little game, I'd definitely recommend it if you like these kinds of games.

Here's a little trailer clip -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_xdCHdSqg

• Just finished The Longest Journey (finally, bought it years ago) the other night, and now I'm moving on to the sequel, Dreamfall.

Although the game's got some pretty crappy controls and they for some reason felt the need to add combat (also crappy), I'm really enjoying it anyway. I really hope they get to work on the oft-rumored sequel once The Secret World is out.

I can't help but wish Telltale took a look at Dreamfall's cities when they were making Back to the Future. They're full of people. Even though most of the people don't matter, you can look at them and talk to them. It just feels way more alive then, say, a Hill Valley town square that was populated with Biff and only Biff.

• @Scnew said: Just finished The Longest Journey (finally, bought it years ago) the other night, and now I'm moving on to the sequel, Dreamfall.

Although the game's got some pretty crappy controls and they for some reason felt the need to add combat (also crappy), I'm really enjoying it anyway. I really hope they get to work on the oft-rumored sequel once The Secret World is out.

I can't help but wish Telltale took a look at Dreamfall's cities when they were making Back to the Future. They're full of people. Even though most of the people don't matter, you can look at them and talk to them. It just feels way more alive then, say, a Hill Valley town square that was populated with Biff and only Biff.

I've always thought that The Longest Journey and Dreamfall were excellent games for that reason as well.

A populated world, (a world which has so much detail when you stop and look), with actual people, and characterisation, and a great plot to tie it all together.

I've seen the concept art to both games, and let me tell you, A LOT of effort (and love too) went into those games.

Those games are pretty timeless really.

• Just too bad they started focusing on mmorpg games instead.

• @Armakuni said: Just too bad they started focusing on mmorpg games instead.

Ragnar Tornquist has repeatedly said that he still plans to make a sequel to Dreamfall... but... I guess we'll just see.

He originally said it would go into production after Age of Conan was out, now he says it'll go into production after The Secret World is out. I'm sure there will be some other excuse afterwards.

• Hector ep2 made it into the Sunday Times! (Britain)

4/5. A very short but positive review.

• Well thanks to sam and max tf2 items, Sanctum, Frozen Synapse, Runespell Overture, and(if Im good with frozen synapse second copy trading) Bastion.

• Just started playing Super Meat Boy... after finishing VVVVVV, I was in the mood to play more games reminiscent of that, and in some ways Super Meat Boy is quite similar - they're both games in which you die a *lot*, but both games still manage to stay very addictive because of how closely the checkpoints are placed (well, there aren't checkpoints in SMB, but the levels are very short so it's pretty much the same thing).

I've only finished the first two worlds so far, so I have yet to reach the really frustrating levels... but I'm getting dangerously close.

Add Comment