User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 44.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: (which is a bit of a mouthful)

It's a great collection of puzzles and at a great price.

• @der_ketzer said: It's a great collection of puzzles and at a great price.

Still an awkward name!

• Today's Daily Deal is the Elven Legacy series. All four games in the series are 66% off.

The list:

Elven Legacy
    Elven Legacy: Magic
    Elven Legacy: Ranger
    Elven Legacy: Siege

All are £1.16 or $1.66. The collection of all four is £3.74, or $5.10.

• Today's daily deal is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.

Look like a decent enough puzzle game, it's up for €3.33

• You forgot the UK price, numbskull! :p

And you did it all wrong! See, you do it like this. Game title in bold letters, like so: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. Then the price. I do Pounds then Dollars, but either way's fine. So: £2.00 or $3.33. Finally, if it's an obscure title, a brief description.

Put it all together and you have:

Today's Daily Deal is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. £2 or $3.33.

This isn't the standard Puzzler Quest. It's an attempt to infuse the puzzle game with a single-player story. How well it works is a matter for debate, but it's cheap, so give it a go if you're interested.

...see? Much more professional. :p

• Not at all. Firstly I know nothing about Puzzle Quest, and my Steam doesn't display the prices in £, and I will do bold lettering when it damn well pleases me.

Besides, who cares about the freaking British currency anyway? :)

• Obviously, since Telltale itself deals in dollars, we should list US dollars first! =P

• If we can't make everyone happy then we should make everyone unhappy, by using currencies that very few on these forums, if anyone at all uses. Like Icelandic krónur, Golden Sovereigns or Republic credits.

• Steam says I put 30 hours of my life into this game. But Steam is not correct. It's actually 51 hours (Xfire). For 1 playthrough on easy.
    This game is great to play when you want to listen to a podcast or just make time go by. I highly recommend it.

• @caeska said: Not at all. Firstly I know nothing about Puzzle Quest, and my Steam doesn't display the prices in £, and I will do bold lettering when it damn well pleases me.

Besides, who cares about the freaking British currency anyway? :)

1) If you don't know anything about a game, check the store page. There's usually enough info to sound like you know what the game's like on there. I do it all the time :D

2) My Steam doesn't display prices in $, but I do it anyway. I'm just nice like that.

3) SteamPrices.com displays the price for all three prices - Pounds, Dollars and Euros. It's what I use. And it makes me awesome.

4) Bold letting is the future and you will respect it!

5) I care about the British currency :(

6) There is NOOOOOOO point 6.

7) No poofters!

DISCLAMER: This post may not be entirely serious, and may contain one or more references to Monty Python. You have been warned.

Add Comment