User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 166.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just booted up Star wars episode 3 on DVD, and was presented with a huge spoiler in the menu screen (which changes everytime you watch the DVD). I.e. that the senator is evil. When I first watched the film, I had no idea that was so (yeah, it seems really obvious now, I know, but I was young!). If i had been confronted with that when I started the film for the first time (the DVD was bought on release, and that was when I first saw it), I would have been furious. It would have ruined the film for me. Which makes me think: Why on earth do they do that? Why not just have a nice, non-spoilery graphic. Maybe just one of the promotional posters with a bit of movement in it and some noises (like hair moving, spaceships flying across the screen etc.)?

• @Friar said: I just booted up Star wars episode 3 on DVD, and was presented with a huge spoiler in the menu screen (which changes everytime you watch the DVD). I.e. that the senator is evil. When I first watched the film, I had no idea that was so (yeah, it seems really obvious now, I know, but I was young!). If i had been confronted with that when I started the film for the first time (the DVD was bought on release, and that was when I first saw it), I would have been furious. It would have ruined the film for me. Which makes me think: Why on earth do they do that? Why not just have a nice, non-spoilery graphic. Maybe just one of the promotional posters with a bit of movement in it and some noises (like hair moving, spaceships flying across the screen etc.)?

Wait, did you watch the prequels without ever having seen the originals?

• @tbm1986 said: So instead of having an increasing birth rate, we reduce that, and in doing so make it easier to brainwash the next generation? That reeks of controlling.

Exactly. I'm glad we're on the same page here.

• Dear GOG.com:

Why do you have Ultima 1-6 up for sale, and not Ultima 7? We both know you have it. We both know I want to shower my money upon it.

• Just had lunch with a pretty girl. Hopefully more to come.

• If you watch this trailer and don't love it, I hate you.

• Whelp, have fun hating me.

• I just got the final achievement in the Steam version of Bastion and I feel extremely accomplished. 19.3 hours well spent.

• @Rather Dashing said: If you watch this trailer and don't love it, I hate you.

I've seen this before, I think. But I can't remember where. Or why.

I find it interesting that it's a silent film but will withhold any judgement about its quality until the thing is actually released.

• James Cromwell is in every period movie about the early 1900s.

This discussion has been closed.