User Avatar Image

Good news everyone!

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 413 users

You just read this in my voice!

No but seriously, I've got Black Cauldron running on my computer. Thinking of doing a let's play :)

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay guys.

Let's draw it in.

I WANT TO MAKE A LETS PLAY ABOUT THE BLACK CAULDRON GAME.

I need software to do it. I think CamStudio is what I'm looking at right now.

In the Lets Play I want to discuss the books. As you should have inferred right now, I'm of the scholarly bent/well read sort. I want to discuss the books in my Lets Play.

An informative, educational Let's Play? Yes. That's what happens when you do a let's play made by a researcher/teacher/instructor/professor.

• I, for one, would appreciate comparisons to the books. For one thing, I can barely remember what they were about. Except that I think at one point a dwarf or a midget throws him/herself in the cauldron to destroy it, but they also died at the same time. Made an impression me as a kid, but my memory's fairly faulty.

• @Alcoremortis said: I, for one, would appreciate comparisons to the books. For one thing, I can barely remember what they were about. Except that I think at one point a dwarf or a midget throws him/herself in the cauldron to destroy it, but they also died at the same time. Made an impression me as a kid, but my memory's fairly faulty.

That's from the second book and it's not a dwarf. That's from the movie and it's Gurgi. But the point of both sacrifices is fairly equitable.

• @DAISHI said: That's from the second book and it's not a dwarf. That's from the movie and it's Gurgi. But the point of both sacrifices is fairly equitable.

I never watched the movie, so I have no idea why I remembered a dwarf. I guess I just decided that Gurgi was a dwarf...or something. I don't know. I also used to think that Draco Malfoy had black hair, that the Turkish Delight in the Narnia books was actually tempura, and that Bilbo Baggins was some sort of insect.

• hahaha. Well Gurgi is in all the books, and he's a short semi human. He makes the sacrifice in the game/movie. in the book its different but its still a close character and its for the same purpose. Oooh if only I made a let's play to talk about it! :D

• Well, I suppose that in any case it's high time that I reread those books just to remember what I forgot. After I finish the book I'm currently reading, though. It's far too good to put down.

the-magician-king.jpg?w=269&h=408

• Ok I think camstudio is working and will begin a let's play soon.

• Camstudio sucks. Looking again.

Also: Thanks to MI for the hint about setting the machine to tandy. The musical enhancements are awesome.

• I usually use SnagIt... but yeah, it's not free.

• Well the new problem is recording game audio and USB microphone audio simultaneously XD I'll get this worked out one day.

Add Comment