User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 35.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's a big pile of horrible. Avoid at all cost!
    Play the demo if you don't believe me.

• Midweek Madness is Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalker 2012, and its various add-ons.

The original game: £3.49 / $4.99
    Special Edition: £6.99 / $9.99 (For actual extras, check here - it's underneath the DLC)
    Individual DLC: 39p / 49c
    Complete Bundle: £13.19 / $17.99

And today's Daily Deal is Restaurant Empire II, which is £5.10 or $6.80.

EDIT: There's also a five-day Paradox Interactive event. The main draw is the complete pack, which is something like 70 titles for one low price. Each day there'll also be an individual game (and add-ons, presumably) on offer.

Anyway. The complete collection, which has so many games I'm not even going to attempt to list them and will instead let Steam do it for me, is £74.99 or a penny short of $100.

Today's Paradox Deal is the Cities in Motion collection, all 75% off. The list:

Cities in Motion: £3.74 / $4.99
    Cities in Motion Design Classics DLC: 87p / $1.24
    Cities in Motion Design Marvels DLC: 87p / $1.24
    Cities in Motion Design Now DLC: 87p / $1.24
    Cities in Motion Tokyo DLC: $1.99 / $2.49
    ...and the entire collection: $7.49 / $9.99

• You should have listed every game on that list, you lazy boy.
    But you failed to mention that there is a special on PENUMBRA: BLACK PLAGUE GOLD, which is awesome! It's on for $4,49, which is worth it in my opinion.
    And MAGICKA is 5 bucks, and each of the various addons are from 50 cents to 1,49.

Also I found Magic the Gathering 2012 disappointing, the previous version was much better. I just don't like the new cards for some reason. Oh well.

• that's because EVERYTHING from Paradox is 50% off.

• @caeska said: You should have listed every game on that list, you lazy boy.
    But you failed to mention that there is a special on PENUMBRA: BLACK PLAGUE GOLD, which is awesome! It's on for $4,49, which is worth it in my opinion.
    And MAGICKA is 5 bucks, and each of the various addons are from 50 cents to 1,49.

Yeah, I'm lazy, sue me. Check the link, everything's listed there. Including Magica and Penumbra.

I'm hoping Penumbra Gold will go down a fraction further, cause it's not a game I'd normally be interested in, but if the price is right...

• @Darth Marsden said:
    I'm hoping Penumbra Gold will go down a fraction further, cause it's not a game I'd normally be interested in, but if the price is right...

Penumbra is great. :cool:

• Today's daily deal is BIT.TRIP BEAT: $2
    The game looks to be alot of fun, i mean how can a game with leaderboards and achievements not be fun?

• @caeska said: Today's daily deal is BIT.TRIP BEAT: $2
    The game looks to be alot of fun, i mean how can a game with leaderboards and achievements not be fun?

Does it have a demo? I want to know if it runs on my shoddy toaster.

• Fair few to get through here, bear with me.

Today's Daily Deal is indeed BIT.TRIP BEAT, though it's £1.75 or $2.50. A whole 50 cents more than you thought, caeska!

Today's Paradox Price-Cut is Sengoku, a newly-released character driven strategy game set in 16th century Japan. £19.99 or $23.99.

And the weekend deal... the Star Wars collection (and a few individual titles) are 50% off! Woo! The individual titles:

Battlefront II: £3.24 / $4.99
    Empire at War (Gold): £7.49 / $9.99
    Knights of the Old Republic: £3.49 / $4.99
    Republic Commando: £3.49 / $4.99

...and the entire Star Wars collection is £34.99 or $49.99. The collection consists of...

Battlefront II, Dark Forces, Empire at War (Gold), Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, Starfighter, The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, The Force Unleashed (Ultimate Sith Edition) and The Force Unleashed II.

Phew!

• @Darth Marsden said: Fair few to get through here, bear with me.

Today's Daily Deal is indeed BIT.TRIP BEAT, though it's £1.75 or $2.50. A whole 50 cents more than you thought, caeska!

No, my Steam lists it as €2, which usually is the same as USD. So that makes it cheaper if you live in Europe in this instance it seems.

And the weekend deal... the Star Wars collection (and a few individual titles) are 50% off! Woo! The individual titles:

Battlefront II: £3.24 / $4.99
    Empire at War (Gold): £7.49 / $9.99
    Knights of the Old Republic: £3.49 / $4.99
    Republic Commando: £3.49 / $4.99

Ah, but it's only Thursday, and thus not weekend yet. So there couldn't possibly be a weekend deal...yet. So I believe it is you who are mistaken...about a great many...things.

Oh and I'm afraid...the deflector shield...will be...quite...operational when your friends arrive...

Add Comment