User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.3K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @caeska said: No, my Steam lists it as €2, which usually is the same as USD. So that makes it cheaper if you live in Europe in this instance it seems.

    It's actually different this time. Here's the proof. It seems your overconfidence is your weakness.

  • Today's Daily Deal is Darksiders, the Zelda-clone about one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It's not a happy game, but it is a good one, and a steal at $5 / £5 (grr price conversion sucks grr).

    Today's Paradox Price-Cut is the King Arthur series, which is 75% off, except the two DLC packs, which are still 50%. There's a couple of items in the series, so here's the list:

    King Arthur - The Role-Playing Wargame: $4.99 / £3.74
    King Arthur - The Druids: $2.49 / £1.99
    King Arthur - The Saxons: $2.49 / £1.74
    King Arthur DLC - Knights and Vassals: 99c / 74p
    King Arthur DLC - Legendary Artifacts: 99c / 74p
    (Note that if you want the DLC, you'll have to manually select it from the list, since it's still only 50%. Not sure why, but eh.)

    ...or all of those for $7.49 / £6.24.

    Note that the recently released stand-alone expansion IS NOT on offer.

  • @Darth Marsden said: It's actually different this time. Here's the proof. It seems your overconfidence is your weakness.

    Your faith in Steam is yours.

    Today's Daily Deal is Darksiders, the Zelda-clone about one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It's not a happy game, but it is a good one, and a steal at $5 / £5 (grr price conversion sucks grr).

    I wouldn't call it a Zelda clone. Zelda is artistic and entertaining. Darksiders is...mindless button-mashing. The fighting style reminds me of Fable, and the story is to my liking quite disagreeable.

    And yes the price conversion does suck...if you live in the UK that is! Heh heh. The Americans it seems are getting the best deal. If we had just stuck to using credits we wouldn't have this problem.

  • @caeska said: I wouldn't call it a Zelda clone. Zelda is artistic and entertaining. Darksiders is...mindless button-mashing. The fighting style reminds me of Fable, and the story is to my liking quite disagreeable.

    Aside from the combat (which is, as you say, repetitive), the general feel of the game is incredibly similar to that of a Zelda game - Twilight Princess, most notably.

    I will concede that it's not a Zelda clone though. That 'honour' falls to Starfox Adventures. Ugh.

  • Not really advertised on their main menu at all, but Portal is free up until the 20th.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

  • @Vanished said: Not really advertised on their main menu at all, but Portal is free up until the 20th.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

    Ah, thanks for mentioning that. Completely forgot it, since I (and, I estimate, 97% of people with Steam) already own it.

    Out of curiosity, do you know if it's 'free-to-play for a couple days' or 'free forever, but you have to grab it during the next few days'?

  • @Vanished said: Not really advertised on their main menu at all, but Portal is free up until the 20th.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

    Last time that that happened, Portal 2 was announced. Since Valve can't count past 3, does that mean the DLC is on its way?

  • @Gman5852 said: Last time that that happened, Portal 2 was announced. Since Valve can't count past 3, does that mean the DLC is on its way?


    Sorry but there are more than 3 counter strike games.

  • @der_ketzer said: Sorry but there are more than 3 counter strike games.

    Whoops, thought Day of Defeat was different. And then Id still be wrong with the new counter strike:o

  • Today's Daily Deal is Mirror's Edge, the first-person Free-Running game. £3.25 or $5.

    Today's Paradox Price-Cut is the Mount & Blade series. There's three games in the series:

    Mount & Blade: £3.74 / $4.99
    Mount & Blade - Warband: £4.99 / $7.49
    Mount & Blade - With Fire and Sword: £2.29 / $1.74

    ...or the trilogy for £8.74 / $12.49.

Add Comment