User Avatar Image

The legendary Sam & Max fanart

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 42.4K users

Hey, there's a Monkey Island thread for it. I figure there's gotta be some Sam & Max fanart.
Post your Sam & Max stuff here!
Here's the first one I did with my tablet.
Max.jpg
Another.
Clothes.jpg
And I won't directly post this one, because it has blood in it.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/Iceboxme/Maxofviolence.jpg

3.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Sorry, nope... wants me to log into facebook... :(

I love the pictures, by the way! Excellent composition. The circular background elements of the Max piece could have been in the Sam part as well (in a blue shade, of course), thus tying these pictures even more together.

I used FB video instead of Youtube, because my Youtube account froze (you can still see my old videos, I just can't add new ones). So you do need to log into FB, but I made it a public video.

• I'm also not a Facebook member, but I clicked the video link just for fun. I got a Facebook error page (not a sign-on page) saying, "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." So your video is so awesome it broke Facebook.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@divisionten said: I used FB video instead of Youtube, because my Youtube account froze (you can still see my old videos, I just can't add new ones). So you do need to log into FB, but I made it a public video.

No facebook account, never ever... sorry. ;)

• @divisionten said: A Speedpainting video I made.

Here's the result. Please tell me if you can see the video, by the way.

OK, the Facebook video is now completely public, if you view it using the link above. I have never given Facebook so much as my initials, but it let me watch the video. Great job, divisionten, but now you're making me miss the soundtracks even more....

One question, though. Is Max supposed to be a girl in this painting?

• PzyAj.png

Now, I know this isn't really straight up fan-art, but then again, what do I post nowadays that isn't? At least I drew canon Papierwaite and not that OTHER ONE I spend the majority of my time drawing.

• @Cheri said: PzyAj.png

Now, I know this isn't really straight up fan-art, but then again, what do I post nowadays that isn't? At least I drew canon Papierwaite and not that OTHER ONE I spend the majority of my time drawing.

Cheri, this is supposed to be about fun stuff relating to Sam and Max, so don't worry about it! Fallout!Papierwaite is an awesome character and I would live to see more New Vegas Shenanigans with him! Speaking of which, make room for the Geminis, gal!

• @Cheri said: PzyAj.png

artworks-000009551877-atyffk-original.pn

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@divisionten said: I used FB video instead of Youtube, because my Youtube account froze (you can still see my old videos, I just can't add new ones). So you do need to log into FB, but I made it a public video.

Now it's public, so I've finally seen it. You_are_amazing. As an improv piece, it's fantastic. Laying down the silhouettes without pencil sketches, that needs quite some imagination. And did I see that correctly - for the backgrounds, it seems to me you were actually fast enough to work wet-in-wet, correct?! I never manage that with acrylics. Try to find a better camera for photographs, as the video gives us much more vivid colors than the picture you posted of your work.

Looking forward to seeing more from you... Halloween contest just around the corner!

/edit: Sam & Max art thread now has 2879 posts; the Monkey Island one has 2895. We'll get there, folks!! :D

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Now it's public, so I've finally seen it. You_are_amazing. As an improv piece, it's fantastic. Laying down the silhouettes without pencil sketches, that needs quite some imagination. And did I see that correctly - for the backgrounds, it seems to me you were actually fast enough to work wet-in-wet, correct?! I never manage that with acrylics. Try to find a better camera for photographs, as the video gives us much more vivid colors than the picture you posted of your work.

Looking forward to seeing more from you... Halloween contest just around the corner!

/edit: Sam & Max art thread now has 2879 posts; the Monkey Island one has 2895. We'll get there, folks!! :D

I will tell you- straight acrylics won't blend wet so easily. I actually get that effect by using long expired paint. The paints I used in the backgrounds are over ten years old, and it does a fantastic job of blending wet and doig a few other funky things, although old acrylics stink to high heck.

The foreground was made with new paint, though.

Add Comment