User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I forgot to post here about...

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 9.5/10

Pros
    Extremely fun :D
    Fantastic stealth, combat and other gameplay mechanics
    Interesting story
    Excellent voice-over work taken from actors who starred in The Animated Series
    Difficulty is reasonably accurate (not too hard/not too easy)
    Solid controls
    Challenge Modes for stealth or combat
    Extra content with endlessly spawning enemies (to get my beat 'em up fix)
    Unlockable Achievements
    Stunning graphics

Cons
    Several boss fights are simply variations on a theme
    Games for Windows Live

Neutral
    Would like to have had more cool gadgets, but the given amount is still reasonable.

I love this game. Who the heck needs a gun when you have the ninja skills that Batman has? Certainly, various boss fights are extremely similar, but the game is still very fun. What's more, it looks fantastic, the controls are solid with either a keyboard/mouse or with a gamepad, and the overall feel is exactly what I envision Batman should feel like.

Wonderful game. Can't wait for Arkham City.

• @DAISHI said: And lastly, when looking for objects, holding the space bar brought up all the interactive spots on the screen :D

I think that's cheating.

• I just finished Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, and I have two things to say about it.

1) Even though it's controls were crappy, I greatly enjoyed it.

2) AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH HOW CAN YOU END A GAME LIKE THAT AND THEN NOT MAKE A SEQUEL FOR 6+ YEARS??!?

7/10.

• @Scnew said: 2) AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH HOW CAN YOU END A GAME LIKE THAT AND THEN NOT MAKE A SEQUEL FOR 6+ YEARS??!?

It happens... a lot.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Scnew said:
    2) AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH HOW CAN YOU END A GAME LIKE THAT AND THEN NOT MAKE A SEQUEL FOR 6+ YEARS??!?

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is: By being a crappy storyteller. Apologies to Ragnar Tornquist, but he should have seen this coming. Dreamfall was "hell froze over" already, he could have never expected to do a sequel in due time.

But that reminds me: I'll have to replay Dreamfall now that I got it working.

• Dungeons of Dredmor
    The game is a roguelike so pick your character and play until you die. Which you will. And you have the choice. Either death is permanent or it isn't.
    I took the pussy-mode (elvish easy without permadeath) and finished this game in about 20 hours. And all I want to do is start over and try the other abilities for my hero. some are more useful than others. Real men let the game choose 7 random skills out of the 34 skills the game offers. I picked them manually. You may call me Jenny from now on if you like.
    Definitely worth the 5$ they ask for it and this game just runs on any toaster like my PC.
    One major downer: If you defeat Dredmor you cannot reload a save and do it again as you will insta-win with that character.

Rating: Thrusty out of Diggle points (9.5/10)

What Other People Are Saying

Total Biscuit asks: WTF is Dungeons Of Dredmor

• Harveys new eyes

Pros
    -sweet drawings
    -black humour muahaha...
    -*coughcough*MONKEY ISLAND REFERENCES*coughcough* ^^
    -funny puzzles
    Cons
    -nice soundtrack, but it could've been more varied.
    -great scott, lili, do you have to kill everyone who passes? I'm starting to feel bad!

anyway, a lovable main character and an intresting story. 9.5/10

nice extra: a soundtrack cd and a retro-copyprotection-code disc

• Downloading the demo now.
    Just the question. Since it's daedalic: how horrible and disappointing is the ending of the game? As bad as Edna? Horrible as TWW?

Add Comment